Predator Hunting > Night Hunting

Pennsylvania and Thermal/Night Vision: How Soon?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Flesh Eater:
Foxhounds makes a good point, but the advantage is that you know right where that coyote is, so movement shouldn't be an issue.

Honestly, I wish they would at least legalize monoculars, simply for ID and recovery. Shooting with a light isn't bad. Identifying out to 100+ yards can be difficult in some situations.

so-soshot:
I am going to revive and add a question of sorts to this post I can't find any rule that makes it illegal to hunt with night vision or thermal all I can find in the digest is any device that projects a laser beam, thermal detects heat doesn't it and night vision uses ambient light I think, so what makes that illegal to use?   

foxhound:
You are correct about how the rule reads in the digest. They are still considered illegal to use.

Misterjake23:
If you google Pa Title 34  141.6 (6) That gives a very rough explanation.  There is also another section in the regulations that says something to the effect only approved devices can be used.  I can’t find that one on short notice.  I’ll keep looking

so-soshot:
I looked up title 34 it basically says the same as the digest looks like a gray area to me neither one cast a beam as for the approved device who makes that decision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version