Author Topic: The Pin On Compass important predator caller item  (Read 1651 times)

uncle buck

The Pin On Compass important predator caller item
« on: December 10, 2010, 12:37:09 AM »
Surely you have seen one of those compass that you can pin on to your hunting jacket or coat...It a bubble type compass.. You can find them in the camping areas of Wal-Mar or Dicks, or Dunhams, Gander, or Basspro and they don't cost much money...

Prior to the hunt you go on the web and go too www.weather.com  Activate the weather forecast for your hunting area.  Trigger the hourly forecast...To the right side you will see the wind direction the the wind velocity...Now remember what it's going to be at the different hours.. write it down or print the screen... Now during most time cases the weather link is correct.. Just use your compass to keep the wind bearing as you hunt the different hours... I like to mount mine around my stomach..So you can look down and read it easier..You sure don't want it pinned where you shoulder your gun... By pinning it higher up on your jacket or coat it gets harder to read.. Keep it lower..Also make sure the pin is working well too so you don't lose it on a bush..