General Outdoors > Legislation

House Bill 1690 Decoys - Bait

(1/2) > >>

nitelight:
On December 22, 2005 Govenor Edward Rendell signed House Bill 1690, The Bill now known as Act No. 86 will becomes effective 60 days after signing.

Act No. 86 addresses and will now permit the use of:

Any Decoy used in trapping or hunting of furbearers.

Any Electronic or Mechanical Device used to attract coyotes for hunting or trapping.

Any natural or manmade nonliving bait used to attract coyotes for hunting or trapping.

Language that allows the Pennsylvania Game Commission to implement a mentored youth hunting program.

The Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association and it's members had submitted comments in support of this Bill. You can view HB 1690, Act No. 86 at www.legis.state.pa.us

Just a side note the PPHA was also instrumental this year in working with and providing imput with the the PGC and the Board of Commissioners in regard to the use of up to # 4 buckshot for furbearers.

Thanks members for a job well done.

Tom M

220_Woody:
:D
great news!!

so...60 days from Dec. 20th......that puts us around Feb. 17th i think.

the use of decoys for coyote calling is a great tool....them critters are smart. alittle distraction tactic works wonders.

plus i know a couple farms with cattle carcass piles that are bringing in coyotes.... :wink:

-Woody

nitelight:
The date of the signing was December 22, 2005.

Mr. PPHA:

--- Quote from: "220_Woody" ---:D
great news!!

so...60 days from Dec. 20th......that puts us around Feb. 17th i think.

the use of decoys for coyote calling is a great tool....them critters are smart. alittle distraction tactic works wonders.

plus i know a couple farms with cattle carcass piles that are bringing in coyotes.... :wink:

-Woody
--- End quote ---

Still has to have the OK from the PGC. Everyone who runs out to get a electronic decoy and gets caught using it is subject making a donation to the PGC and prob. surrendering the decoy so some words of advice, until you see the stamp of approvial from the PGC, I would not jump the gun .

220_Woody:
never thought about it that way, i figured that the bill got approval from the PGC to even get a vote in the senate then to the Gov.
oops

-Woody

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version