Author Topic: critter- killin concert  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
critter- killin concert
« on: January 15, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »
has anyone tried the sound sequence of DSG rabbit,Baby cottontail, grey fox distress that was in the predator xtreme magazine. I am getting geared up for tonite and am going to give this sequence a try and see what happens.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: critter- killin concert
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 02:29:12 PM »
I tried my best from memory with no luck. However I have an FX5 and the Bay bee rabbit sound which is close enough for me. I would like to try it but for a pre fury owner it would take to much attention away from looking for eyes/animals and put my focus on my keypad switching sounds and volumes. JMO though. I'll someday pay foxpro to record them for me. I heard they will mix sounds from their library for a charge.
FayetteNam

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »
i have tried it and called in reds and coyotes with it, i have it preprogramed into the fury.  i also stole the idea behind it and use different calls.  say for reds, ranting red bird, then blue jay, then screaming rabbit.  pay attention when the caller goes from medium to low with the new sound, most call in are in the second sound.  
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:17:17 PM by scott »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 06:46:44 PM »
I have used DSG a good bit and it seems to work.  the only Grey fox pup that I like is the johnny Stewart version.  I was just out calling this afternoon and called one in but couldn't pull a shot off with the rifle through brush.  my typical grey fox stand is vole squeeks or a bird distress sound.  then a rabbit or other distressed animal sound and then JS GFP for 5 minutes.  after that move on.  in all about 20 minutes on stand.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »
well just got in from hunting and no luck with that sequence of sounds. I use the JS grey fox pup also ben, but it seems that the fox are getting wise to that call because I have no luck with it this year so now I am trying different sounds and not having any luck with that. I did bounce a fox out going in to make a setup tonite but it didn,t come in. Thats predater hunting thow some times they come in and some times they don,t.