Author Topic: Member vs Member Hunt Article  (Read 2760 times)

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
Member vs Member Hunt Article
« on: December 22, 2009, 07:32:53 PM »
Hey guys I'm submitting a short article to the American Predator Federation (APF) to be used on their website about this hunt.  In all honesty, I don't know what they will or won't be putting on the website but I was asked to submit some pics and a short story.

Anybody have any objections if I use the names and / or pictures from the hunt that are posted? 

Thanks, bootmud

Offline yotehunter74

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.sfcustompredatorcalls.com
Re: Member vs Member Hunt Article
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 07:40:55 PM »
i'm good with it buddy

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:27:21 PM »
Would someone be so kind to give me C Martin's first name. 

Here's what I'm submitting.

Thanks, bootmud

---------------------------------------------------------------

12/18/09:  Expectations were high for more than 60 predator hunters belonging to Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association (PPHA) during the first ever Member vs. Member Hunt.  As the hunters took afield for a friendly competition mother nature had a different plan all together.  The forecast was calling for up to 16 inches of snow in some areas of Pa. and the hunt results reflected the difficult conditions.

When the snow had settled and the hunters met at their district check-in locations on Sun. 12/20 Richard Riley from district 6 turned out to be the top dog.  Riley was fortunate enough to harvest one of Pennsylvania’s most sought after predators, a coyote.  In addition Riley also bagged two raccoons to secure first place. 

Second place was up for grabs as Steve Frye, district 3 and C Martin, district 2 both had equal points at check-in.  Frye brought 3 gray foxes to check-in and Martin 3 red fox.  After a tie breaker event C Martin claimed second place.

My hats off to the PPHA for another successful event for their members and congratulations to the winners!

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
Cliff, looking foward to meeting more of you guys.

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 10:01:41 PM »
Thank you a bolt! ;)

bootmud

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:25:24 AM »
Curt, thanks for doing that.  The only thing I would like to see in addition to what you have is :  For more information on the PPHA visit www.ppha.us
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
I will submit that as well Tim.  Good idea! ;)

Thanks, bootmud

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 11:39:25 AM »
Thanks Curt! Thats really great of you!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"