Author Topic: Conversations with an out of state predator hunter on FMJ bullets use  (Read 2701 times)

uncle buck

I was at a trapping event and got to talking with a trapper/predator caller from another state... He was telling me that he used FMJ bullets to hunt coyotes.  See they do not blow a big hole in the fur just punch through...

First off I don't even know if you can use FMJ bullets to hunt any game in Pa? That would be a question for one of the PGC and PGC Deputies that visit on here to answer.   As you all know FMJ don't fragment...They just keep going.  Using FMJ bullets in populated area is just asking for it..

Guy told me that when he shoots a coyote with the FMJ bullets they run a bit and then collapse.. Um sure is not good for the night hunter... Death Runs...Real hard to find a dead coyote at night if they have a death run.. I would think that if it was legal you would have to use the FMJ bullets in the DAYTIME.....Also only in a field that did not have a lot of vegetation in it.. Namely a dirt field recently plowed under by a farmer..

Anyway FMJ bullets for hunting predators... Might be fur friendly but probably are real dangerous....

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
What state was he from?

uncle buck

NY State. 

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
FMJ are illegal in Pa.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

uncle buck

FMJ are illegal in Pa.

Thats good for us and humane for the target animals too...

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
I got caught with FMJ while bear hunting the first time.  The WCO just gave me a warning and took the ammo.  At least I had soft points on an ammo belt.  They were 375H&H in my encore.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Full metal jacket are good for saving fur but not good harvesting animal quickly.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
I just bought some total metal jackets for my 22 mag.
FayetteNam