Author Topic: First Timer  (Read 1699 times)

Offline MattRed

First Timer
« on: February 26, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »
Hi all, I'm looking to go out this weekend in a southcentral county. I'm new to hunting coyotes. Can someone point me in a direction of a good county, what calls, and how long i should let them play?
Thanks,
Matt

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: First Timer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »
Hey Matt, we have the March Madness Coyote Hunt starting on Friday. Sign up for it under the PPHA Events Tab and hopefully someone will get you out with them. I'd like to but I'm just north of Pittsburgh. There's a really good bunch of guys here so I'm sure someone will be willing to take you out and show you the ropes. Good Luck...Rick
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline jerad188

• Junior Forum Member
  • South eastern District 5
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:32:23 PM »
Good luck to you, I'm sure after the first time you spot one, or get a whole pack lighting up in your ear you will be hooked but its not as easy as you think, fun though nonetheless
Addicted to fur for sure

Offline MattRed

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
I'm sure. I've spent alot of hours sitting in the woods and have never even seen one. I'm hoping to change that. And was thinking maybe someone could throw out a couple tips. Things to do/not to do. I'm not looking to take over anyones spot. I live just outside of Philadelphia, so I may only get out 1-2 times a year if lucky.
Thanks,
Matt