Author Topic: What is This?  (Read 1214 times)

Offline dibo (Bob)

• Junior Forum Member
What is This?
« on: September 24, 2011, 01:21:25 PM »
Is this coyote scat? If not what is the identity of this pile.
Live everyday as its your last...

Bob Huston
District 3 Co-Coordinator

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: What is This?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »
looks like it could be.  Any other sign around?  Tracks?  What type of terrain and area was it in? 
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline dibo (Bob)

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 04:08:38 PM »
That spot was the only little bit of cleared ground the rest had heavy grass and thick woods. It looks like a area that they loaded logs out in the past years on top of the mountain, very thick with under brush coming up. Looked like a good spot with two intersection they hauled logs out you can see 100 yds down each lane. Maybe it was a gray? But I will try it for night some time!!!
Live everyday as its your last...

Bob Huston
District 3 Co-Coordinator

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »
Doesn't sound like a place that people would frequent with domestic dogs so  too much so its a good chance it is.  When you take pictures try to place something next to it for size reference.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »
Hard to tell for sure without seeing the whole picture.It appears to have hair in it so I would lean towards coyote.Fox are probably feeding on bugs and berries this time of year for the most part,especially the greys.And it sounds like your in grey fox habitat or coyote habitat and I'm pretty sure its not grey fox.Just my semi educated guess.