Author Topic: Birds not just any bird.....Woodpeckers  (Read 1135 times)

uncle buck

Birds not just any bird.....Woodpeckers
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:29:45 PM »
Bird sounds....I like to use the ones that really go WHACKO....The Woodpecker,  Meadowlark,  Superbird, Luckybird,Flicker ....Not the song bird types.. The ones when they rip they really rip...

Reason I like them....

The sound does travel well in windy weather...

When a bird hurts it cries out loud and for long periods of time.. This helps the caller that likes to play their sounds to loud and maybe to long... When a woodpecker hurts predator know it hurting and they will come to the loud sounds and they will come to the sounds if they are played constant..

More and more I am getting coyotes to howl to this sound... Might be a good locator's sound to start off for other predators...If the coyotes howl then stop calling fox and go right to the coyote scenario...See the coyotes are there...Now all you have to do is stop calling fox... Then play with the coyotes brain with coyote talk and they will come to you..It's easy to call them in but you have to know they are there.. The woodpecker sound will sometimes allow them to let you know they are in the area.. Also watch out because they come in for the woodpecker sound too..Sometimes the howls are so close to the sound you know they held up right before getting there...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 12:30:29 PM by uncle buck »