Author Topic: Dead Red Fox...  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Dead Red Fox...
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
in my friend's trap.
Shot by a predator caller and left in trap.
He told me it happen this past weekend.
I told him we had a statewide PPHA hunt going on.
Anyone do any call'n in Montgomery County -Upper Providence Township?
Any members from Montgomery County?

He said you guys are dumb chits..."Don't shoot a trapped Fox-Use it for a decoy!"

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Dead Red Fox...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:35:43 PM »
that horrible Hern >:(. we can only hope it wasn't a PPHA member.  :-\
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 06:37:27 PM »

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 06:39:30 PM »
Hmmm...pic didnt come through Hern.....give it another whirl ;)
- Channing Pollock

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 06:50:58 PM »
Hern, how do you know it was a predator hunter?  I am a little offended by your friends statement that predator hunters are dumb chits.  You can't lump all predator hunters in with one person.  It's unfortunate that it happened but you can't change it now.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 07:12:14 PM »
I don't hunt those counties but I am too a little offended by the remarks of your friend towards predator hunters and I honestly feel that there is more people hunting in Pa besides PPHA members. It was an unfortunate situation but the circumstances are unknown. It could have been laying down and popped up when someone started calling. You see eyes, identify it and shoot. At least that person didn't steal the fur.
FayetteNam

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 08:46:38 PM »
Hern,

I live in Montgomery County.  What part of Montgomery Co. did this happen?

I to am offended by the accusation by your friend.  Maybe the individual taht shot the fox was being humane and did not want to see it suffer any more.  Like the others said, at least he didn't take it fur himself.  If it was on public land he could have done just that.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 10:33:46 PM »
Hern I know how the guy feels. I had a coyote shot in a trap earlier this yr. by someone guessing it was a turkey hunter. They left it there but it was useless after being shot at close range with a shotgun. Had half the neck missing. Hope the fox your friend had shot was still in good shape fur wise.
PPHA District 3

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up Hern.  Have a great Christmas................Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
which one Justin? glad your feeling better by the way.
- Channing Pollock

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »
There was a guy on the HPA forums that posted he shot a trapped fox while calling and didnt realize it.  He went on to say that he was in the process of trying to find the owner of the trap to explain I think.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

uncle buck

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »
I remember I trapped a grey fox in a dirt hole set... It was close to railroad tracks..maybe about 50 yards away.   I dispatched the fox with a 22 short... Took it home and commenced to skin it.. as I pulled the pelt down after the skinning of the tail area all these shotgun pellets fell to the floor...Some small game hunter surely was out of range of the fox.....
That is why it's best to pull your traps during deer season... Also bad when the neighbors see a fox in one of your cable restraints... Guy shot it with a 270 thinking he was doing something good for prey animals in the area...  So hard to keep the farmers neighbors off of their land.  Here you have permission from the farmer but you have someone from a ranch house accross the road see a fox jumping around 200 yards down in the farmers field.  Yep they shoot and ask question later... Guy wanted to pay me for that fox.  However he did say "I Am So Sorry!"
However I pull up to hunt the other night in the farmers field...Same guy starts yelling at me to get out of there that I did not have permission.... He finds out it's me...Same thing comes out of his mouth...."I Am So Sorry!".   

See what you really need is what Daniel use to look for? Elbow Room!!!!!!!