Author Topic: D2 Crow Hunt...  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
D2 Crow Hunt...
« on: March 09, 2010, 08:51:58 PM »
D2's Spring Crow Hunt will take place March 19-21...Internet checkin by 10 pm sunday night...1 pt per crow...only birds shot by the shooter count...we're all on the honor system here boys...pa game commission rules apply...open to all members...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: D2 Crow Hunt...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
Got 9. Sat. 7 to 11....same on Sun....missed 10 others...not a good % shooting...called ina load of the nickle chickens, don't know how many but a bunch...lol.. ;D

jay

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:30:18 PM »
Good Job !!! Looks like we have a winner !!!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »
Jaspr1....Truly outstanding job...Notice that he was using a single shot too.. Now that even makes it more complicated.   Good Job!!!!!!

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »

Good job with a single shot. Where did all the pictures get posted? Of all the hunters?

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
Story on that single shot...I just bought it, Topper Deluxe 3 1/2 inch...has an extra full choke insert... and rifle sights...bought it to hunt fox and coyotes and wanted to try it out...Sat. I was using 2 3/4.. 6's and got 6 birds, Sunday I grabbed a box of 2 3/4... 8's by mistake and unless their sitting on your head thats not really a good load for crows and only got 3..hosed myself..I took Jim "Moose" Boggs a 1yr member of PPHA, he is new to anything other than deer hunting, he shot a box of shells and got 1 crow..He declined to have his picture taken, since he only had one...I told him the infamous "Million Crow,Crow Hunt" only one bird was taken by the whole group...Maybe next week if we go, suprised there wasn't more participation it was great weather and lots of birds...

Offline Grouchy Coyote

• Junior Forum Member
  • www.MyNEOD.com -Home of the ESOS Boycott-
    • www.MyNEOD.com -Home of the ESOS Boycott-
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 09:40:56 AM »
Hey guys...  Thats awesome...

Probably low participation because of the World Predator Expo...

Don forget, we are having our State Wide Crow hunt this weekend...  March 27th

Two or Three man teams, Grand Prize, $900 Fox Pro FX5 Crow and Goose Call...

Go to:  www.CressonSportsmans.com for more information, you can sign up online !

Tom
2014 PA Statewide Crow Hunt - Sep 20th
Come be a part of it: www.CressonSportsmans.com
Grand Prize FOXPRO CALL
OTHER GIVEAWAYS - Boondock Outdoors and Bees OBrien Calls
www.CressonSportsmans.com

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 02:09:08 AM »
Looks like Jaspr1 is our winner for the D2 hunt! Great that you got out and got to hunt! I unfortunetly have had my nose to the grindstone workin for that those green backs...glad that someone got out and downed some birds!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"