Author Topic: Ammo shortages who would think the 35 Rem would be hard to find?  (Read 2748 times)

uncle buck

Ammo shortages who would think the 35 Rem would be hard to find?
« on: December 14, 2014, 10:33:04 PM »
Saw on a major web site people having a rough time finding  35 Rem ammo..  I have a couple 35 Rem guns so I was concerned.. I do need to find some 35 Rem brass so I can reload.  I must have about 99 loaded and fired cases total for my  35 Rem.. I would like to get a few more brass at least.. I do like the 35 Rem 200 grain Leverlution ammo and I actually have the Hornady  bullets and powder, and dies for it... Who would think that people would start to horde the  35 Rem ammo!!!

uncle buck

Re: Ammo shortages who would think the 35 Rem would be hard to find?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
I purchased this used 35 Rem a few years back.. A model  336 Marlin for $237.10.   The best deal I ever made.. thing shoots right in the bullseye  at  100 yards with Hornaday Leverlution ammo... I was at Cabelas the other day... they have a lot of  32 Win Special there but they want an arm and leg for them...$500-$600 for used 32 WIN's!! :( they didn't have any  used 35 Rems what so ever...Also got a Rem Model 14 35 Rem  pump..$237.00 for that with the scope on it yet...Saw them at Cabelas once and they wanted $650.00 for them..  Cabelas there is better places to buy used guns that for sure... Anyway the  used  35 Rem  Marlin is starting to  kill more deer than my  3006.

Offline BedfordQDM

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Ammo shortages who would think the 35 Rem would be hard to find?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 11:07:53 PM »
35 Rem. is a great caliber.

I own a reloading component manufacturing business, and in the last 2 years, orders have been crazy. Some folks hoarding? You bet. What I had to do is concentrate on making the most popular items to try to keep up with demand, and some of my less popular items have been on hold for 1+years, as I do not have the time to produce them.

Same with the ammo manufacturers. In order to try to fill demand for the popular stuff (223, 9mm. 45acp, 30-06, etc.) the small quantity stuff like 35 Rem., 257 Rob. etc. is placed on the back burner.  Some of the small quantity stuff was produced on a "seasonal basis" before the scare happened. Now, you may not see it for some time again. 22LR is another story...
PPHA District 4 - York Co./Bedford Co.