Author Topic: Last day of deer (Thank god).  (Read 2550 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Last day of deer (Thank god).
« on: December 11, 2010, 05:34:32 AM »
I am so glad for this day coming. I am sick of taking people out in the woods and putting them in my spots. I have come to the conclusion that this will be the last year I take someone hunting except my son and the only 3 people who have ever took me out before. My kindness is someday gonna get me right out of a good hunting area.
FayetteNam

Offline smokey

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Last day of deer (Thank god).
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 07:51:07 PM »
I am so glad that riffle season is over.  Now the woods can get back to normal again.  I have to get some morning sets in before the snowmobilers start running my hunting grounds hard!  It seems as though they like to start ridding right before daylight and they always are running past access areas at twilight getting back towards there trucks!

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 10:12:53 AM »
im so glad rifle season is over as well, every year i dred it more.  Dont get me wrong I love hunting deer but anymore rifle season doesnt even feel like hunting, theres guys everywere and all the spots ive worked so hard to scout all year are worthless because of the groups of 20 guys pushing them off and shooting at everything that moves. I had one guy in one of my spots this year set up a card table and lawn chair in the middle of the woods. From now on ill prob just duck hunt during rifle season and hope i kill my buck in archery

Offline beastman

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
I used to love to duck hunt during deer season, I had my spots all to myself and the colder weather had them moving but didn't they change it so that the season is closed during deer season?

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 12:34:48 PM »
i think ducks are still in, i would shoot my deer in archery season so i could duck hunt the river for mallards.  some of the best wing shooting i ever had and nobody around. 

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »
Im pretty sure ducks are in still, only been out a few tmes early season just been too busy...i lived by the susq for a few months for work but now that i live back in cambria co. the spots are pretty limited and its pretty tough huntin, Hard to get the shooting like you guys do along the river get. Next year id like to make few day trip out to the river to kil some quackers.

Offline beastman

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »
It's what I get for not reading the rules, they changed it back this year. :-[