Author Topic: HB 659 how do we get semi automatic center fire added to this bill?  (Read 4893 times)

uncle buck

Re: HB 659 how do we get semi automatic center fire added to this bill?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »
Can PAPHA intervene here and see if we can get it changed to center fire? Should we send e-mails to all that are on the Fish & Game Committee or go in front of the PGC regional commissioner in two weeks?   

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »
I can see the usefullness out west of a semi,but not in pa.

Where careless hunters shoot through woods,not knowing whos in them.

Also most will be on the gun ban list.

I will stick with my bolt and trying to make 1 shot count.

But if others want them,that is there choice.

Offline lunchbox

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 02:04:47 PM »
i got mixed feelings also I wouldnt mind them except some ppl may screw it up by going crazy with them at yotes or whatever iv seen them try rapid fire with bolts and bullets slingin past my ear (past deer seasons) but on the other hand it would be nice for some folks that dont wanna play rambo and know what their doing or quick follow shots. its also nice to SOMETIMES have something small to get in the brush but shotgung work to. Confused yet? told ya mixed feelings

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 06:38:27 PM »
Outdoor persons as a whole?  Does each and every one of us believe in Solidarity or would they name streets after us in Pennsylvania?

I do like to use Encore's and Ruger # 1's to hunt predators and deer....

I have posted survey's and topic's on other Pa hunting forums to see if people would like the Pa Game Commission to allow them to use semi's for predator and varmints....Looks like the survey on one of the major hunting sites revealed that 69% or 89 people participating people in the poll would like to be able to use semi CF for predators and varmints... 31 % or 40 people were against allowing the use of semi's for predators and varmints.  Only 129 people voted in the poll....however views on the survey totaled:  528 views.  So while people read the survey.  A possibility exist that 399 did not vote one way or the other.....

I also tied the poll into the predator hunters on the site....Two posts on the subject: Predator hunters or people visiting there one post 526 views and another post 127 views:  Total views by predator hunters or people who read the predator hunter area of the forum:  653 view total.

Then I added a post to the PGC Laws area of the forum:   715 views occurred there......

So 129 people voted on the survey for or against the use of semiautomatics center fires:   However on all of the post there were 1896 views.  So you can see that many outdoor people did read the post of the 129 that voted many just viewed it 1896 views.

It appears that based on the votes the majority still prevailed 69% on the survey wanted to use semiautomatics for predators and varmints.  However 1896 people viewed all the post but many, I mean many did not vote one way or the other....

I do believe in Solidarity......However it does appear that outdoor persons really don't care about their brother and sisters that participate in other forms of hunting in Pa....Also it also appears that even some of the predator hunters don't care about their brothers and sisters who participate in predator hunting in Pa.

I always like to use the example: Why They Name Streets after People in Pennsylvania like this!"   The Name of the Street sadly would be called?   One Way.

Hopefully since House Bill 659 gets approved by the leaders of Pa for semiautomatic rim fires.  Maybe 3 to 5 years down the road more politicians will say..."You know?  We Should Allow Pennsylvanians to use Center Fire Semi's.  I hope this at least happens...However 3 to 5 years.....Wow some of us will be older then... Some won't be able to climb the mountains.  God forbid some of us are no longer going to be here.
At least we won't need organizations or sportspersons, or outdoor persons or woodsman and woods women to get things on the books to allow us to enjoy different kinds of predator hunting.   The Politicians MIGHT takes care of it for us....

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:56:04 PM by uncle buck »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 07:39:03 PM »
I don't approve of semi-auto loaders center fire rifles during deer season. Two many hunters and to dangerous. I can see 22 rimfire semi as a predator gun. I personally think with all the shootings being done with AK47 and Ar15 they will be banned .
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:43:17 PM by foxpro51 »

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 07:49:20 PM »
Sad that society does not look at logic....They will take the guns away... However they need to take care of the sick pups....Take the AR and AK47 away and they will use black powder guns or a brick....They are sick pups...That is the problem.....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:53:15 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:14 PM »
so did this bill pass??i didnt hear about it , anybody know??
district #1