Author Topic: New 17 rimfire comming out first of the year.  (Read 8047 times)

Offline Deerhunter#1

Re: New 17 rimfire comming out first of the year.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »
I am new here and to predet hunting all together. i just bought a 22 mag as i live in montgomery county which is rimfire or shotgun. i have a single shot 22 hornet and a 243 bolt gun for upstate. that said i was going to weight for the 17 win to come out but i got a new 22 mag. reason is i have concern that regarless how fas it is going it is still a 20-25 grain bullet. be it 800 ft second faster than a 30 grain or 1000 faster than 40 grain   22 mag bullets. so 1/3 to 1/2 lighter but 1/3 faster. are those little bullets going to work on predators at that speed. will they just blow up or put a tiny pencil hole in yotes. we will see. what do you guys think.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 09:37:35 PM »
     You make some very good and valid points.  I have yet to shoot at a coyote with my 17 hornet (Centerfire) but it does so a great job on fox.  I have yet to have one take a single step after being shot.  I can't wait to see what it does this spring on groundhogs.  There is an old saying..."Speed Kills"  With the 17 hornet, it confirms the theory in my opinion anyway.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »
The cartridge sounds great.  I can't find the rifle on Savages website.  Shooting times has it coming in the 2nd Qtr and a price of $349.  The Win. Low wall is beautiful but the price will give you cramps.  Dick

NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 09:26:16 PM »
Buckwheat et al:  Spent some time on the Savage website.  The new Win. 17 B-Mag ain't on it.  Called my dealer when I can't find it .  He is in VT.  He doesn't believe it.  "They can't deliver ammo that they have tooled for and the new 17 isn't even on the books."  I ordered one anyway.
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member