Author Topic: Plan to change the first day of regular deer season  (Read 3363 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Plan to change the first day of regular deer season
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »
These people have to much time on their hands. They say hunt Saturday so more people will have a chance to take part in the first day but forbid Sunday hunting when most people are off work for sure. ::)
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
In the world nothing is ever done that is based on the logical thing to do.  Or that it's just right!  Take hunting weasel, skunk and possum with an electronic caller... You can't do it..  I can't think of any logical reason why it should remain the way it is that you CAN'T do it that you have to use a mouth call or hand call.. Maybe they think that all three of these predators will not come to a call anyway.. However I have called all three in with some type of call or other..

Me I still would want deer season to start on Monday... Tradition!!!!!Tradition!!!!!!!!! Some of the going to camp that Friday after Thanksgiving is more of a social thing that have been carried on for years... Scouting that Saturday,, Shooting your guns in, some hunters coming in late Saturday to camp and some even on Sunday night..

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:06:52 PM »
I like the tradition of deer season on Monday. I won't hunt Sundays because I take my Christian faith seriously and absolutely refuse to be a hypocrite. Each man to his own and don't take me wrong. I decided for myself where I would draw the line about the Bible commandment that says, "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy". Keeping it holy for my life means no hunting for me or working beyond whats essential on Sunday which is my Sabbath. Most people may say I am a nut. So be it. People called Jesus much worse things. I don't judge or condemn others, just have made some decisions for my own life. I once was a wild teenager and found out the hard way that alcohol, sex, and parties don't bring lasting happiness and I was still empty inside. What made it worse, was I knew I would go to hell if I died. Sorry if it sounds like I am preaching, just my views on Sunday hunting. If its made legal, so be it. I won't hunt and there will be that much less competition for the people that are hunting that day.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »
I would love to see Deer season open on Saturday. Am all for it.

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 06:14:52 PM »
I like the tradition of deer season on Monday. I won't hunt Sundays because I take my Christian faith seriously and absolutely refuse to be a hypocrite. Each man to his own and don't take me wrong. I decided for myself where I would draw the line about the Bible commandment that says, "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy". Keeping it holy for my life means no hunting for me or working beyond whats essential on Sunday which is my Sabbath. Most people may say I am a nut. So be it. People called Jesus much worse things. I don't judge or condemn others, just have made some decisions for my own life. I once was a wild teenager and found out the hard way that alcohol, sex, and parties don't bring lasting happiness and I was still empty inside. What made it worse, was I knew I would go to hell if I died. Sorry if it sounds like I am preaching, just my views on Sunday hunting. If its made legal, so be it. I won't hunt and there will be that much less competition for the people that are hunting that day.

Good for you!!!!

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »
Coyote nightmare i totally agree with you! i think that it is good for everyone and everthing to have off a day on sunday. Sundays for me is about going to church and relaxing, and if God says to keep the sabath holey, so be it. Monday oppener is a tradition for many people such as myself. I always go up on friday and scout and relax on the weekend, then go out and try to bag a deer or help a family member bag one on monday. I usually fill my tags in archery so the saturday opener isn't a huge deal for me, its just the aspect of hunting on sunday that i don't agree with. I think that most people that are diehardenough about hunting can find a way to get off on monday, but i do understand there are some exceptions. I think that we should keep everything the same way that it is now because of tradition and religion, but thats just me. It may contradict with others but i don't even get that excited about rifle cause i'm more of an archery hunter. Once you get a deer with a bow i don't think that anything except fox hunting and turkeyhunting can come close to the experience.