Author Topic: electronic calls  (Read 19014 times)

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: electronic calls
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2009, 08:49:36 PM »
 ::)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 08:30:37 PM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »
no actually this was a post about why do you use electronic calls.  I thought it was pretty good until the post before me. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

longhair

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 09:41:56 PM »
no actually this was a post about why do you use electronic calls.  I thought it was pretty good until the post before me. 

I think you better backup a few more posts. ::)

uncle buck

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 10:08:51 PM »
I finally went back and read every post...It was in fact about Electronic caller and set ups. Then every now and then someone would throw in comments like they do on huntingpa.  Kind of takes something that someone can learn from and add garbeled info into it...  Here I'm  saying I'm sorry for talking about electronics and set ups????????????

Um  glad I am a seasoned predator hunter and not looking for how to call predators.

Um.....Are You Worth Your Weight In Gold?
Now remember the call is a tool...Hang it and set up according to the wind direction.  Ok now we all should all be back on track.....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:13:08 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2009, 10:45:59 PM »
UncleBuck
Learning how to sift through information on boards is always a problem. The new guys will soon learn what the facts are and what is just good old joking around. If they can not do that they will be easily buffaloed buy all the guys on these boards with less than a half dozen years of calling experience.

Anyhow this is still a good post, I read posts from you and others people that I think are good hunters with many years experience and try and learn tips. I take the tips and see if it could work in any way with the type of calling and set ups I use.

Since I have this new call and BigBen started out this whole post with  ( why do you fellas use a electronic call?)

I guess I better get back to electronic calls.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:47:36 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2009, 09:29:22 AM »
I mainly made the post to get some good disscussion flowin.  it was for a good bit.  oh well.  I would like to see your field report on the fury then when you get to test it out EW.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »
Bigben
I do not think I will give a field report on the Fury.  You will probably just hear about some of the things I will be able to do with this call and the sounds I like. This new equipment stuff takes a long time for me to make any assessments, let alone a field report. All I can say is this call is fun to mess around with use. So one report right now is!!  I think this call is so advanced and fun to play with most people will play around with this slick call to much in the field during hunting season. When they really should be paying close attention to all the other needed details for hunting success. I personally hope to have the new toy thing resolved by fall and use it for carnivore killing not playing around with.
Ernie

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline 82Dead

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2009, 12:18:22 PM »
Has anyone tried the Primos Power Dogg? Just curious as to how this works and the results it gets

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »
from what I hear they are doing well.  I know UB's brother has one and I think dreamcatcher has one.  hopefully they can give some insite on it.

EW I did not want you to write one this second.  more along your thoughts on it in a year after you use if for a bit. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 12:52:55 PM by bigben »

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
Love the Powerdogg. All of the predator calls on it are done by Randy Anderson. Myself, with limited use this season, called in a couple of coyote. Some fox too.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »
Bigben
The reports will probably be just like I have started doing. I will talk about this Fury call from time to time as I find things out.
Ernie 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:12:08 PM by Buckwheat »

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »
dreamcatcher
Apparently the power dog call can not be a too bad a call for the money because you guys are buying them.  I personally have seen them and heard them in a big building and they seamed ok but I would have not purchase one. Any ways I probably did not pay real close attention to the call and just passed it off as just another electronic call. However, if the call works great for you guys that is all that matters.
Ernie

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

uncle buck

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »
The Powerdogg is an excellent tool for both coyotes and fox.  I have called in 3 coyotes and numerous fox  with it this year.  I have heard reports of a few not working properly...Primos are correcting any of the problems. So if you buy one and it's not working properly then MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT PRIMOS to make it better because it's an awesome calling machine.
Like any of the remote callers you can get extra yards on this call by hanging it from a branch or placing it higher then the level ground.
I have had nothing but good results from mine.. I do use the best Alkaline batteries I can get my hands on for the Powerdogg....Namely the new Energizer that are 7 times stronger then the normal Alkaline...Number 5 setting is excellent too since most of us try to use to much volumna and it's not really need it.  If there is anything that I do not like about the Powerdogg is the fieldmouse sound.....If you use this sound make sure you do not set the volumn on # 5 .  2 or even the 1 setting at least makes a field mouse or rodent sound that will call in predators.... 

I have called in one coyote using the FX5 too....Remember it's so important to hang the callers from a branch, tree,  bush,  bale of hay or place it on farm equipment..... 

Powerdogg or FX5....Awesome for the lone hunter to outsmart an Eastern Coyote......

uncle buck

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
While we are discussing electronics.....Even the Johnny Stewart Electronics with the remote are outstanding callers for the lone predator caller... Again they too should be hung from a branch,  set on a bale of hay or on farm equipment.  JS  Preymaster with the remote and the JS Attractor 1 and 2.   Like these two types of callers because of the sounds.... You just can't beat Johnny Stewart sounds. 
When I first purchased the Attractor # 1  I had to ask myself...Why did I buy this if I already have other calls..  I have used this particular call and have called in red fox with it... Just recently.....I discovered that by hanging the Attractor from a tree and having good batteries in it... It will work more then the 50 yards away....Awesome!!!!!!!A remote caller,,, with good sounds,  and if you don't get it at Clearance (I always Do) they cost $39.00.   I  now own the Attractor # 2 too...

If you know what your doing then any remote caller can call in a Eastern Coyote...
I think that every predator caller should have a remote calle or a couple of them.....YOu do not have to start off with an expenisve one.....$39.00  wow what a deal to be able to harvest predators with a remote caller at this price...

Should you own a Preymaster, Attractor, Powedogg, and or Foxpro......Yes...Rome was not built in a day so you could start off at the cheaper models and work your way up..... However  don't  let yourself think that a $39.00 caller is not an outstanding calling machine....However you have to know how to play with the coyotes brain....Now that is the real secret to calling them in with a remote caller....Just to go out in the wild and let a elecroinc caller play your probably going to call in a fox...

uncle buck

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2009, 03:13:10 PM »
As you all know the Spring Gobbler hunters do kill a lot of coyotes that come right in for the turkey calling..  No down wind attack..I talked to Spring Gobbler hunters that have had coyotes run right at them and they had to shoot them fast....
Also in Dauphin county I know of landowners that have found turkey remains consumed by coyotes and in one instances the landowner saw the coyote grab and kill a wild turkey.
What an awesome sound to call in coyotes in the Spring...Also one that is going to help the turkeys out too. You get one with a turkey sound and you surely killed a turkey eating coyote.....
Make sure when you get sounds on your elelctronic callers that you have a few turkey sounds added.  Yelps for sure!!!

johnny Stewart makes the Attractor TT1 in the turkey calling model...What an awesome call this would be for Spring Time coyote hunting using turkey sounds... If you hang it from a bush it will work more then 50 yards too.  However when using turkey sounds you probably want to set up just like a Spring turkey hunter in the deep woods..  $39.00 is not a bad price for an outstanding electronic caller.....However......Should you use a Foxpro,  JS Preymaster with remote,  and or the JS Attractor TT1.   Makes ure your remote callers have a few turkey sounds on them for this reason........
Remember to read the Hunting Digest to make sure your legal when hunting coyotes in the Spring Gobbler season... I would not even attempt to use them in the hours that you can hunt turkey... To much trying to prove that your hunting coyotes when the wardens are looking at you and thinking your hunting turkey with an electronic caller.....