Author Topic: No groundhog hunting during turkey season  (Read 2726 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
No groundhog hunting during turkey season
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:02:33 PM »
That what the new law will be.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: No groundhog hunting during turkey season
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 09:46:39 AM »
dont understand your post...??

you could never hunt chucks during legal hunting hours of spring turkey season for as long as i can remember, nothing changed there.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:20:35 AM »
I understand the legal hunting hours have been extended. The hours go past noon. I'm not sure if the hours are the same as fall hunting season. But I know they were extended or I was misinformed.
President PPHA

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
Yes the last 2 weeks of turkey, if i got the right info. it will save alot of pups.
That is next year though, this year stands as normal if i'm not mistaken.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 04:57:21 PM »
OK can you hunt this year after 12:00 PM for woodchucks?

Saw on another site members concerned about the longer hours going to be available for Spring Gobbler... Mixed emotions here...Always like to hunt chucks in the afternoons in May...Looks like that will be history... However it might get me out and do some of that there Gobbler hunting.  I know you need to be in the woods and catch the gobblers during fly down. Makes sense to start calling then at sunup for the proper ambush... don't know the hours...However if it's goes to Sundown you can almost do the reverse...Catch them as they head for their roost..

One person was concerned about the gobbler you bag in the morning bloating from the afternoon heat....I would think this could be a problem for people that hunt with a partner and one scores early and the other is still hunting until legal hours are over..

Kind of the same ole thing complaining too...That all the turkeys would get killed...When you really think about Gobbler hunting....You sure do not need a flock of male turkeys to impregnate all the hen turkeys in the woods...Nice that fall turkey hunting is more controlled when you can shoot hens too...

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:58:02 PM by uncle buck »