Author Topic: Honus optics  (Read 3165 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Honus optics
« on: December 29, 2009, 12:03:51 AM »
Has anyone use or have used Konus scopes before?  If so, what is your opinion?
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Honus optics
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:54:02 AM »
I have a Konus Pro on my .204 I have never had any problems with it.  Stays true and easy to aquire your target.  I don't think you could go wrong with it.  It is illuminated.  If I had to find something wrong with it, I would have to say that the light inside the scope is on the circumference of the bell and if turned up all the way, it washes the scope out.  The lower settings work fine and are preferred anyway.  Saying that, I have never had any problems with any of my scopes.  My favorite is my TruGlo.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 05:24:54 PM »
My son has a konus on his 22 and so far has done very well.Its only a 32mm objective but has a larger field of view than the tasco 40mm that was on it before.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:34 PM »
Thanks gus.

The next question is this then.  If I get this Konus, should I put it on my .223 or .17 hmr?
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:23:01 AM »
Swarter2,Depends on which model scope you plan on using.I would look at the parralex setting on the scope,or you could get one with an adjustable objective and it would work well with any gun you choose.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 10:40:32 AM »
What he said.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!