Author Topic: rossi single shot  (Read 2086 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
rossi single shot
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:35:57 PM »
anybody have any input on these rifles ?? not usually something i would consider but tryin to stretch some funds in a slow year.  thanks
district #1

uncle buck

Re: rossi single shot
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 10:41:19 PM »
I suppose it will all depend on what your going to use that rifle for...Any deer hunting in the deep woods where shots are 100 yards or less.

Many on here use the NEF single shot rifles...I use a single shot 10 gauge NEF shotgun for night time predator hunting and I like it.   

Take an Encore 20 gauge slug barrel  they cost about $340,00...take a Mossberg Model 500 20 gauge...Comes with the slug barrel, a field barrel, a cheek piece,  a scope with rings and mounts for about $220.00 + a $35.00 rebate yet too.  I purchased the gun to use when I want to sit in a swamp or heavy cover and ambush a deer when it trying to sneak through heavy cover.

If the Rossi is going to be used for this... Thick woods hunting then you just can't beat them.. If it's one of the Rossi combos for kids.  I think they are a 22LR, 20 gauge, and a 243...Yep probably can't beat that either..

If you plan to use the Rossi for long range deer hunting shooting in power lines, or shooting chucks at 250 yards, or shooting antelope in Montana.  I don't think I would buy it then.

Maybe one of the Mossberg combos would better serve what ever your going to use this particular gun for?????

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »
Cheap single shot rifles are terrible. Aweful trigger pull and Aweful accuracy for small predators. Buy a bolt action Remington or savage.

Renny

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:59:59 PM »
I've got a 22 / 410 rossi I bought for my oldest daughter when she was 7.  I bought her a 243 rossi when she was 11.  They both shoot fine enough for the distances we shoot......

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »
I've had two Rossi 223 heavy barrel single shots and hated them. I tried a couple different  rounds and couldn't group at all. Rossi's are junk. Spend a little extra just for the confidence of knowing where you will hit.
FayetteNam