Author Topic: Raccoon Dog  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Raccoon Dog
« on: September 17, 2009, 07:43:27 AM »
I was watching a program on TV the other day called "Wild".  It was all about Wolves in the Baltics.  One of the main food sources for this Wolf was Coon Dogs and I don't mean dogs that hunt Raccoons.  These animals looked exactly like a Raccoon but thier bodies looked like a grey fox.  I think they said the average size was 7 to 12 pounds.  I never saw anything like it and never even knew they existed.  Did anyone happen to catch the program or see these critters before?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Raccoon Dog
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:38:25 PM »
never heard of such a thing.....very cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raccoon_Dog
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:34:30 AM »
Thanks Woody.  I was a little off on the weight.  The ones in the show looked even more like Raccoons than the ones pictured but I think they are a cool looking animal.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »
Some of these look neat....definitely make a unique mount

THIS IS SPARTA!!