Author Topic: Antler Restrictions  (Read 24544 times)

ppha

Antler Restrictions
« on: November 29, 2005, 09:04:10 AM »
What is your thoughts on antler restrictions?

Anonymous

Antler Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:44:04 PM »
Did not vote since I am not a PA resident but had I voted it would be for Antler Restriction.

Anonymous

Antler Restrictions
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 11:43:21 PM »
I am very happy with the antler restictions. I hunt in Warren Co. However I have not been able to get one in the last few years, but sure has made it alot more fun seeing these bigger bucks.

Offline PREDATOR 10X

Antler Restrictions
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 06:29:56 PM »
I dont care for it,we have found 2 small bucks,1 spike an a 4 point that have been shot an left in the woods.Last year we saw 5 that were shot an left in the woods.

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Antler Restrictions
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 06:43:39 PM »
That doesn't make AR bad, just makes your hunter's bad.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline JoePA

Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 07:20:14 PM »
I agree with the AR, but not the if it's brown, it's down O my, there goes a doe somebody quick shoot her....

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Antler Restrictions
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 03:12:26 PM »
found a nice spike left in the woods yesterday... what a waste of wildlife...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
Antler Restrictions
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:54:19 AM »
I am in favor of antler restrictions.  As far as there being less deer, part of it could be attributed to coyote population increases and maybe bobcat eating newborn fawns in the spring.
On my place I am seeing a lot of does that have one or no fawns . All summer long.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline greenspace

I'm in favor
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 07:49:20 AM »
The average buck I see is definitely bigger now than  used to be.

Offline dallas

Antler Restrictions
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 09:08:41 PM »
i like them
mark

Offline coyotewantokill

Re: Antler Restrictions
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 03:47:52 PM »
Quote from: "ppha"
What is your thoughts on antler restrictions?
I like the restrictions but hate doe season in conjunction with buck season

Offline dallas

Antler Restrictions
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »
I like the antler restriction, but think to many doe tags are issued. If they think there are to many does, which there might be in certain area, like Valley forge state park , or Gettysburg or places where no hunting is allowed.  They should allow archery seasons in these areas with permits to control the doe. Not wipe them out of the rest of the state.

just my opinion
mark

Offline coyotewantokill

doe tags
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 06:01:40 PM »
Quote from: "dallas"
I like the antler restriction, but think to many doe tags are issued. If they think there are to many does, which there might be in certain area, like Valley forge state park , or Gettysburg or places where no hunting is allowed.  They should allow archery seasons in these areas with permits to control the doe. Not wipe them out of the rest of the state.

just my opinion
 ya i agree deer hunting in my area is unbelieveably terrible never thought deer hunting could ever get this bad in PA  the only place i can find deer is in private property and around the towns where you can't hunt...  hunting in state game lands or state forest lands around here is awful and we have alot of that type of property .

Offline BigBlue

• Junior Forum Member
Antler Restrictions
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 10:20:17 PM »
I agree with the restriction, but deer hunting has been terrible around here as well. The only deer around are on un-huntable private land, mostly in developments. They went overboard with doe permits and sure we see a few bigger bucks, but the overall population is so far down it doesn't much matter. I haven't seen even half as many deer hunters around here as I did just two years ago. They need to restrict the doe permits for a year or two and allow the population to regain. It's hard to get young hunters interested in hunting when they can't even see a deer.
Don

Offline Cannon Hollow Hounds

Antler Restrictions
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 11:34:35 PM »
I guess I'm with the majority on this as I don't mind the restrictions, even though I hunt the 4 pt. min. areas. As long as they keep letting the junior hunters take any buck as always. As far as the amount of doe tags, I agree they sell way to many but they're making a lot of money from them, so....  IMO, they need to stop this 2 week doe slaughter and go back to a 2 or 3 day doe season so enough are left to repopulate. I also don't care for the combining doe with buck seasons. But these are just my oppinions and them and a dollar or so will getcha a cup of coffee. CHH