Predator Hunting > Guns and Ammo

17 Hornet shooters

<< < (2/6) > >>

TrappinJohn:
Thanks guys

This will be my 3rd CZ.  If it shoots like my 204 and 22 hornet, I'll be happy
Was looking for what you guys found to be the most accurate.  Just an idea where to start.  I haven't bought a factory loaded round in probably 20 years. 

Not much worried about fur damage.  I've had my 22 hornet go from no damage to a golf ball hole with the same load depending on where you hit them.

If any of you guys that don't reload want to sell some brass, let me know.  I'd gladly buy it from you

jaspr1:
 :) L$FUR says:  That's what he is asking.  How comes you never volunteered to load me up some super secret rounds?  I can supply the brass and a couple bucks. 

:) BW says:  Lookn4aFisher
I never said I would not load shells for you. You never asked.

:) Jaspr1 says: Easy solution here!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D "LookN4CheepAmmo"  :( :( BW will meet you at the Diner in Conestoga where you can buy him that "Brekie" you owe him  ;D ;D you can exchange brass and $$$$$$ and all will be "GOODER" as Goose would say  ::) ::) ::) ::)..............you might even get the ammo back in boxes packed in Peat Moss  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o............................................ 8)

Lookn4Fur:
John I think you will find the same with the .17 hornet.  Most of the time you can't find a hole and sometimes you rip'em open.  The factory 20 grain Vmax have been the most accurate for me.  Maybe a reload slowed down would be the ticket.

TrappinJohn:

Thanks Tim
I have some 20 and 25 V-Max and some 20 Noslers on order

Buckwheat
What process do you use to form 17 from 22 hornet? I see a lot of people do it in two steps.  .20 then .17.  Do you anneal before you fire form?

Pa Goosehntr:
TJ you are gonna stress BW out  :o :o :o two questions at once an he can't even spell anneal let alone what it means  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ gonna be a tough day at the Conestoga mink trappin site this morn  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version