Predator Hunting > Guns and Ammo

17 Hornet shooters

(1/6) > >>

TrappinJohn:
Just ordered a CZ527 in 17 Hornet.  Should have it Friday.

So what have you guys found to work the best in your guns?  Powder, bullet, primer .......
Have any of you resized 22 Hornet cases?  Been reading you can have neck thickness issues.

Lookn4Fur:
I shoot the exact same gun John.  I don't reload so I can't help you there.  I can tell you that the 20 grain Hornady Vmax have the tightest grouping.  A little over 1/4 inch at 100 yards.  The 25 grain Hornady Hollow Points can get a little messy with an occasional flyer but they will still kill.  I love my CZ.  I am sure you will too once you get a reload you like. 

Buckwheat:
John
You will have no problem making clean kills and very little fur damage. I like the 25 gr hollow points. They are easy to load, never had any neck sizing issues. But you will have to work up you own load. My shoots good in my gun but tried them in another cz and they grouped not real well. I can tell you what I shoot if you like.

Lookn4Fur:
That's what he is asking.  How comes you never volunteered to load me up some super secret rounds?  I can supply the brass and a couple bucks.   

Buckwheat:
Lookn4aFisher
I never said I would not load shells for you. You never asked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version