Author Topic: Deer Hunting Stand Food  (Read 3456 times)

uncle buck

Deer Hunting Stand Food
« on: November 14, 2010, 02:16:11 PM »
I hate cold turkey sandwhiches....But I do like black hot coffee on the deer stand...So..Taking in a thermos of coffee is a priority.
Other then the heavy thermos of coffee I like to have on  my person the following foods:

Jerky
Candy Bars...Hershey Special Dark Chocolate not milk chocolate
Hard Candy..Coffee Flavor
Cheese....small types wrapped in wax..Or cheese sticks
Trail Mix
Tastycake  Probably Chocolate Juniors
Fruit snacks in pouches
small hip flask with some water in it..

What does your food consist of during the the first day o deer?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:17:13 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: Deer Hunting Stand Food
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
when we were at camp it was two fresh ham sandwhiches from the ham we made the night before with all the fixings...so we would have two ham sandwhiches, bag of chips, and a coke....now we just use the left over turkey from thanksgiving in our sandwhiches...chips..and coke...the candy bar is for the drag...i don't know why we eat the turkey tho, because it is full of the enzyme that makes you sleepy, and its hard enough to keep my eyes open during rifle season, and that warm sun hits you in the face...the only thing that keeps me awake is a cold wind haha
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 04:10:56 PM »
I take jelly donuts when I go bear hunting. lOL

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
I take jelly donuts when I go bear hunting. lOL

Now that sounds like a good Idea... Maybe not Jelly Donuts but White Creme Filled...  Probably invent a new donut by the time you get to your stand... The new type:  CRUSHED WHITE CREAM FILLED OR CUSHED JELLY FILLED DONUTS. However thanks Foxpro51 taht would go good with my first coffee in the morning.. However sure probably going to get white powder sugar all over my scope and inside my action.  ah that will make the bolt glide better!!!!!!

Offline 22hornet

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 09:15:49 PM »
BE CAREFUL YOU COULD BE ARRESTED FOR BAITING (jelly doughnuts no scents are allowed)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:37:43 PM »
Well in that case, I'll just take a couple cans of Sardines bear hunting. Or maybe Sardines and Doughnuts and chase it with a couple cans of Red Bull. LOL  That's a meal even the law man would appreciate.
President PPHA

Offline beastman

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »
Sardines and doughnuts, I think I just threw up a little

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »
normally I take cut up cheese, sharp or longhorn and then weavers sweet bologna cut into disks as well.  maybe a few snack bars and water.  I already have to carry enough stuff up the mountain.  no need to carry the kitchen with me as well. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 12:06:44 PM »
BE CAREFUL YOU COULD BE ARRESTED FOR BAITING (jelly doughnuts no scents are allowed)

Now Thats Funny!!!!

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 12:07:50 PM »
Well in that case, I'll just take a couple cans of Sardines bear hunting. Or maybe Sardines and Doughnuts and chase it with a couple cans of Red Bull. LOL  That's a meal even the law man would appreciate.

Thats funny too!!!

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
    • Traditional Muzzleloading Association
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 07:53:34 PM »
For me it is usually 2 bottles of water, some of my daughters candy from halloween, and maybe a few energy bars.
>>>------Brian------>

''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

District 6