Author Topic: Nice 7pointer  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
Nice 7pointer
« on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
While set up for fox late yesterday afternoon waiting for sundown, this trophy walked out of the woodline at about 175 yards. You cant see all of rack in this picture, but when I zoom it on my computer you can see he has 7 1/2 points.

I had seen two buck fighting here the other day at 350 yards so I brought my camera with telephoto lens.  Too bad it wasn't rifle season!!

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9369/dsc0007l.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/62/dsc0015tp.jpg

The other day when I was here, my brother n law was in the wood line with his bow.  After watching those buck spar for about 15 minutes, I decided to creep the 125 yards or so to his position to let him know those buck were over there.  He came down off his tree stand so we could move closer.  I glassed the area where the buck were sparring while he was climbing down and they were gone.  I kept looking through binocs in that direction and all of a sudden a huge rack came up into view walking straight for me.  There was a dip in the landscape which I couldn't see.  This buck appeared 45 yards in front of me and saw me.  I had my Gillie jacket on and he stood there and stared at me, not sure what I was.  I slowly as I could knelt down and tried to signal my brother n law, but he couldn't hear me.  Next thing you know this buck is grunting and slapping his hoof.  Unfortunatly he split.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:00:38 AM by Whitefeather »
Chris Deckard  District 2

Offline Grass Stain

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Re: Nice 7pointer
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »
Those are Awesome photos,esp.for being 150yds away. At least you saw something.LOL
"Live Life for what tomorrow has to offer,Not for what yesterday has taken away!"

D.Sapko
District 6

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Nice 7pointer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »
I was using my griz n gray right before dark and I had an 8pt walk within 30yds.  Other then seeing deer I was skunked all weekend in Wayne County.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1