Author Topic: Ethics of hunters  (Read 3116 times)

uncle buck

Ethics of hunters
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »

Just a post to make people think about things that they might not ever think about...

1.  Don't Ever Cut A Persons Hunting Dog Down!

2.  Don't Cut Another Person Hunting Cabin Down!

3.  When Your The Guest Hunter Don't Get Into A ________ Contest On Set Ups If You Don't Know The Lay Of The Land.  You Could Suggest Of Where You Might Like To Set Up.  However If The Person That Knows The Land Disagrees.. That Ain'tThe Place To Argue While Your Near Going To Set Up A Calling Stand..

4.   Don't Contact A Predator Hunter To Ask That They Take You Hunting If You Can't Offer Some Type Of A Hunt or Outdoor Outing In Return.. People that want to hunt predators with people are dime a dozen that will show no gratitude in return...   If I may add...I had a person contact me once and he wanted me help him learn how to find Morel mushroom...I gave him information where he would have gone with the Pa Eastern Mushroom Assoc on a foray one Saturday morning and find Morel's.  Guy bowed out he wanted me to take him to all of my Morel mushroom spots.  He said he did not have the time to join a club...

5.  Don't Promise Something To Someone And Don't Deliver...

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Ethics of hunters
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:53:01 PM »
Sounds like you got jilted this week ;)

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 10:48:34 PM »
Nope...I just think about all kind of things....I  do like to make people think about things even if they don't agree with me...

Gee maybe I should have tried to be the Shell Answer Man?  Maybe it's like...Lets say something on here at times just to get the old nogging thinking ??  See putting a joke on about the Shell Answer Man... Many people don't even know who that is?????  Just because they were not even born yet.... LOL
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:51:23 PM by uncle buck »

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »
I'd rather tell a guy his wife was homely than do numbers 1 or 2.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »
I'd rather tell a guy his wife was homely than do numbers 1 or 2.
Oh don't ever say anything about a man's wife.. if your in a bar or tavern you might have to dive over it like in the old western movies to get away... I remember seeing someone in the Coast Guard have to do that once...

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »
HAHA! Of course I was kidding.

kinda. I really think that saying anything bad about anything that belongs to anyone to be a low-blow and classless.
This "tough-love" craze and speak your mind fad are well and good, but you should still have the class to bite your tongue.

*****Disclaimer*******
I know a wife isn't a possession. Not sure what the pc police are like on the board. Please don't ban me, I'm not a femi-nazi or a Chauvinist or whatever.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »
No problem SDS.  You can have some fun here.  We knew you were kidding.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 09:33:02 PM »
How about calling and going through your coyote calling scenario and the person you take just plain quits before the agreed time.. Be it that he was cold or disgusted... Things like that I take as a lack of respect for the person who is teaching you the ropes...Even shuts the freaking Red 250 kill Light off just after you did one of the coyote vocalizations...Now that was the only light that was on too.. So here you set with no light on what so ever....Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!"Don't Call Me I'll Call You!"

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »
Yeah. That last one UB, You live and you learn. I've taken many guys out for their first "real" hunting experiences and seen some dumb stuff. One guy brought a six pack, a sleeping bag, a back-pack, and an Ipod. I said, "Dude, you better leave all that stuff here, or just go back to bed". Guess he thought we were going on a picnic. I hunt with very few people nowadays.