Everything Else > Suggestions

Online contests

(1/6) > >>

foxtrot:
I suppose this is more of a compliant than a suggestion and nobody likes to hear complaining but its been eating at me so I'll get it off my chest.
  Over the years this organization and the fine members have held many memorable events.The ones that I remember most had physical check ins or a gathering where the members could introduce one another and share stories and ideas,these are almost non existent  nowadays.I know its easier to type and post and nobody needs to drive anywhere but the personal collaboration is nearly gone.I know that's how it is nowadays,I have teenage sons that I wish would put down the phones sometimes and experience life with out all the technologies that are supposed to improve our lives.Yea I'm old fashioned..I guess I'll have to get used to it.
 The other thing is when you have a contest don't you normally know what your playing for BEFORE the contest that way maybe more would participate??               Sorry if I tramped on any toes but I needed to vent.

Dale:
I hear ya and concur... way to much of the internet stuff... used to be when you had a check in, there was a day of it... food, socializing, camaraderie...

Misterjake23:
Foxtrot,  as VP of the club, I couldn't agree with you more.  We had a hunt last year that required a physical check in......  The only people that showed up were the officers and had only one entry .......

As far as the prizes go,  we the hunt organizers, try to get the hunts posted as quickly as possible to give everyone adequate time to read them on the boards.  Some guys only check the boards once a week if that.  We solicits our sponsors for prizes and donations to give out.   We don't always know who is going to donate and what is going to be donated prior to the announcement of the hunt.  Sometimes it takes a while for our sponsors who donate to get back with us also.

I hope this helped to explain some of the questions.  Don't ever hesitate to ask!!

We are always looking for Officers,  please consider one of the positions.  We are always looking for new ideas and ways to better the club.  I think with your enthusiasm and love for the sport, you could be a great asset as an Officer !!!!

Thanks

Pa Goosehntr:
Physical checkins....Yea man....but jaspr1 and I can't even get folks to come out for a gathering to eat  :P :P :P :P everybody likes breakfast....food is a given need.....getting folks to commit to driving to a specified location is a task, I assure you. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ jaspr1 and I were going to foot the bill and still no one came... :-X :-X :-X :-X On-line checkins I guess is where it's at and texting is better than face to face conversations....NAH!! but this is where we are today :'( :'( :'( :'( sad but true, if someone didn't read it on their phone or computer and was told different by an old guy then it ain't so....go figure!!

Misterjake23:
Well said Goose

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version