Predator Hunting > Varmint Hunting

17 Hornet's first time out.

(1/6) > >>

predator77:
Well,  I made it out for the first time in the field with the new 17 Hornet. It shoots like a dream. Although it has flaws, I love this caliber and the lack of recoil. This is a great replacement for my Marlin 22mag.

Misterjake23:
     Looks like a nice rig you got there.  The leopold on top is definitely a nice touch.  What was your longest shot on the hogs with your .17?  I tagged a pup the other day at 220 yards.  The groundhog never took a step!  I love mine

Keep knocking 'em down !!   Next we'll have to get you into one of Ernie Wilsons Tri X Tripod stands!!

predator77:
The longest shot was around 125 yards. I was interested in that tri pod but I'm liking the ease on the Primos trigger stick right now. i know the Ernie Wilson one will make shooting easier but I wouldn't want to walk far with it though.

icecube:
Looks great and it must shoot pretty good to. Congrats on the ground grizzles....

predator77:
Thanks, Icecube! I'm super impressed with this caliber but it does come with downsides. For one, I missed one hog because a shell problem. I had this happen at the range and I'm not sure if it's a common problem but every once in a while a shot will produce a lot of smoke out of the barrel and even out of the breach area (back into the face). This happened again in the field on another 100 yard plus hog. After I shot, the scope went white with smoke and I seen the slug hit high, no meat report, the case didn't want to eject and where it has the caliber name printed, it was black like it was burned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version