Author Topic: New light idea..  (Read 1984 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
New light idea..
« on: January 10, 2010, 12:26:13 PM »
  Is there or has there ever been a lighted decoy? I was thinking about this the last time I took the rifle out at night. I light that would be of low power led style that would be visible all 360 degrees. This would aid in seeing approaching eyes when they are looking at the sound source. The flaws are apparent like most lights if the animal is not looking in your direction the eyes would not illuminate. In an ever growing industry I think it won't be long till this is on the market if it's not already there.
FayetteNam

uncle buck

Re: New light idea..
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »
FP Jack In The Box has a light to show you where it is setting in a dark field.

However I do understand what your saying.. Have a decoy that shoots a light out on all sides that would illuminate an incoming predators eyes.
um might even be good if your Foxpro remote lets you know when an animal is close by. A Sensor that acknowledges something like the old old old days:    "Warning Will Robertson!" "Warning Warning!"

Figure.....it's possible...Everyone has Security Lights that trigger if something walks past.. I have seen them trigger if an animal even comes in a yard...."That Darn Cat!"   "That Cat With The White Stripe Down It's Back Too!"

We have trailcams? who would ever think we would have trailcams?

Yep everything is going High Tech. All these GPS units, Satellite tracking...I have a GPS unit, and a battery powered Digital compass.  However deep down in my pocket and pinned on my hunting coat are two each old time compasses.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 05:49:53 PM »
if the critter is looking at a decoy then he isn't looking at you.  do you think you will still be able to see the eyes as well this way? 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 06:23:34 PM »
I'm not sure. This light would be used to set by the sound source that would be away from you. I think it would work because you would have just as much of a chance of catching eyes from a headlamp when the call is away from you. It wouldn't replace a headlamp but just aid in giving away a sneaking predators position without giving away yours. Just a thought.
FayetteNam

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:55:16 PM »
The"robo scanner".......great idea !!!!!! ;D A light that scans 90 degrees to the left and right of center. (maybe a little more but not to light up the hunter) Also has a rheostat for intensity and remotely controlled for on/off and just hold.(in one spot)

I can hear the gears grind'n allready. ;D Wonder who's gonna have the first prototype ? ???
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."