Author Topic: Multiple calls on a lanyard will click or get in the way  (Read 1804 times)

uncle buck

Multiple calls on a lanyard will click or get in the way
« on: January 25, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »
Some of my small calls I place in pill bottles and keep in my pockets..  When moving or not yet using mouth calls I let them hang on the lanyard between my chest and cover by my coat or jacket.. If I'm using am mouth call I unbutton or unzip my coat pull out the call use it but put it back down inside the coast when I'm done calling and when I move on.. I do believe in carrying a bunch of calls with me...."The Necklace Of Death!".. The more calls you have around your neck the more they will get in the way.. If your like me a carry quite a few calls on a lanyard.  Stuff them down behind your coat.. Consider also using lanyard that hold more then three calls on it.. All the single or lanyards with two holders on them do get tangled up by the end of your hunting night.. Also when your going hunting gets to be a bit of a pain to have to untangle them.  However that comes with the territory of using many mouth calls when calling..Lately I have been so frustrated with the single lanyards I'm going to fish out my lanyard that hold about 4 calls on it..I have them I'm going to start to use them again..  By the way...The calls you have in the pill bottle or in your pocket with a lanyard.. Don't forget when using them that they are not the ones around your neck.. You could just by habit let it drop thinking it's one around your neck and now it's laying on the ground.. By the way as you know that when an orange call comes in handy when you drop it on the forest floor at night... You can find it easier in the darkness..
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:33:24 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Multiple calls on a lanyard will click or get in the way
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:00:32 PM »
I heard a pretty cool idea on another website once that the guy used a shotgun shell holder that went on the stock of the gun.  the elastic kind.  he would pull this on his forearm and would put his calls in the shotgun shell loops.  it was a pretty neat idea if someone wanted a really quiet call holder. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”