Author Topic: looking ahead to next year  (Read 8319 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: looking ahead to next year
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 07:50:23 AM »
I was talking about Bob R and Jason R.  Remember up north when you paid a visit bearing gifts? 8) 8)

And there definitely was no tie this year. >:( >:( >:(  Well maybe with Fisher their was a tie. ;D ;D ;D

Doc don't worry about the spelling, I will find a way to overlook it. Hmmm?  Maybe a Fisher would ease the pain. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 08:26:26 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm thinkin yo better get a FEESHER Pole and drown some plastic worms  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2017, 05:36:53 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   Is that the "Brothers R" ???   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Goose we must have missed  :o :o wait can't use that word around "LookN2HitSomething"  :P we must have overlooked the 5 Star reviews and pictures from his 3 clients with their Trophies!  ::) ::) ::)

Doc...Goose and I will send you a couple bucks to help feed your new BEST Friend...go to Wal-Mart get some Ole Roy  :P just wet it and tell him it's Porridge like his Grammy used to make  :P :P :P .................. 8)

Offline doc holliday

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2017, 05:51:43 AM »
You guys are tough. So I was talking to the land owner that let me trap last night and he tells me the coyote's have all my dirt holes dug up, even sent me pictures. I guess me and the kids will just have to take care of them next year.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D No wonder that Bull Elk came to visit them up north  ??? ??? ??? It knew it was safe from the misses they had already.... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Oh and Lookn4something to call....that Elk was laughin  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline doc holliday

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »
My 2 buddies and myself went and sold our fur yesterday, its hard to believe what the prices once was as compared to what they are today. All the money went to my kids as promised but it will barely buy them a meal from mcdonalds and I learned what to look for from now on.

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 07:56:29 PM »
Unfortunately, the fur market has been terrible the past few years. Glad you're doing it with your kids for quality time. Not any profit in it now days.
District 5 coordinator

Offline doc holliday

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 08:26:25 PM »
Ya its more like a hobie and the kids like the money part. I had 2 3x coons that were nice and silver, and the guy that bought the hides even said it was a shame that back in the day those coon would have brought 25$ green.