Author Topic: New Member From Northern NJ  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Coemgenus

• PPHA Members
New Member From Northern NJ
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:22:08 PM »
Greetings from NJ, I just wanted to say hello to all on the forum.  I live in Emerson, NJ which is smack dab in the middle of Bergen County.  One of the most populated areas of the country, and I despise it.  Unfortunately, I am unable to do anything about it because I am the primary caregiver to my elderly parents.  I am married with four children; one girl and three boys.  I am a registered nurse by profession, but spent the last eight years of my professional life as a medical device sales rep.  I had to retire back in 2007 due to having had several back and neck surgeries.  Fortunately I am able to get out to the woods when times are good.  I am a veteran of the Marine Corps and US Army, early 80's. 

I became interested in coyote hunting last deer season while hunting up in NY State.  A fellow hunter bagged a buck and a rather large coyote.  When I got home, I did loads of research on the sport and was immediately enamored.  My hunting rifle is a Thompson/Center Arms Dimension bolt action rifle (30-06).  When I returned from the aforementioned trip to NY State, I converted the 30-06 to 22-250 and dropped a Leupold Varmint Hunter's VX-3 4.5-14 X 40mm LR on the rifle.

I've only been out hunting coyotes here in NJ on two occasions earlier this year.  I'm hoping to increase my knowledge base and do some networking from these forums.  Thanks for listening. 

Cheers,
Coemgenus (Latin for Kevin)
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother;...(William Shakespeare's play, Henry V, Act IV scene iii, St Crispin's Day speech)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New Member From Northern NJ
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
Welcome to the PPHA!!  Semper Fi.  You'll find coyote hunting is like none other.  It's extremely challenging but when you close the deal, it's an addictive feeling like no other.

It sounds like you got a great gun to put them down with.  That's a very popular caliber for yotes.  I use one myself sometimes. 

Don't hesitate to ask question.  I  sure you'll be flooded with ansewrs.  There's a lot of knowledge on the boards.

Good to have you, and again, welcome aboard.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »
 :) Welcome aboard  :)............ 8)

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 09:13:47 PM »
SemperFi brother.....Welcome to PPHA....
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member