Author Topic: 105 acre farm  (Read 3610 times)

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
105 acre farm
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:47:25 PM »
Warning! This is a long Post!  I am selling my 105 acre farm in Ohio. I bought it fall of 2013 because I am simply ate up with hunting mature bucks. I started a 2nd 'part time' business to pay for the monthly payments which is doing well but I am so busy with my full time job, raising 3 boys, working my 2nd job occasionally that I don't have much time to go out and hunt it. It's listed with Whitetail Properties and is in Vinton County. There are plenty of big deer and I have shot the biggest bucks of my life on it. A high 150s 10, mid 130's 10 that was aged at 6-8 years old, and a 142 11pt. Hunting it those 3 seasons was a blast, but with a wife and 3 kids needing me its time to move on. Going into the hunting season this year there are several 4 yr old bucks using it and one that is 5. Plus a giant of a buck was there through the rut some last year. If you are into hunting and managing property this is the place. It is small in acres, but is laid out to hold deer and keep them during daylight. That allows the bucks to grow old. During the rut there is always some casualties but I went into the 2015 hunting season with seven 3 year old bucks, and ended the season with four of them still alive. You can't do that in my area, and probably not anywhere on 105 acres here in Pa. Ohio's policy of no spotlighting along with getting 90 days in jail for first time offence if caught trespassing allows deer to survive and get big. I run several wireless trail cameras along with about 10 'regular' trail cameras and never had a single picture of a trespasser or anything stolen. Owning ground a couple years has been very rewarding and was my pick over leasing. Through that experience I have made some friends out there and have standing invitations to come hunt their farms. Though that's not the same as 'growing' the deer, and not nearly as much fun as owning a piece of land, I am going to sell and swap hunts the next several years. I can slow my 2nd business way down and spend more time with my family. Take the boys fishing, hunting, spend time with my wife. This is a long post to read and I don't expect any buyers to be found on here but this is basically why I quit hunting predators and focused solely on hunting deer. Pennsylvania is very tough to manage in comparison to Ohio where I hunt. No respect for private land, and road kills (vehicles, spotlighters, poachers,) prevent a lot of nice bucks from reaching maturity. I have my farm listed at 265,000.00 but am very workable on the price. Any interest check out whitetail properties website and find it in Vinton county. If anyone is looking for land out there, by all means avoid buying through Mossy Oak Properties. Those guys are crooked and will take advantage of both buyer and seller.

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: 105 acre farm
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 07:23:56 PM »
I like the 90 day jail time for first offense trespassing law...wish PA had it...might help with these fence hopping, midnight marauders that feel they they have the right to hunt anywhere they please..
PPHA President

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 04:22:16 PM »
+1
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 09:28:23 PM »
Absolutely Quattro.