Author Topic: Morels  (Read 19021 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Morels
« on: April 24, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »
Today, I found 3 popping up at the back of our property. The rain the other night got 'em started around here.
After the rain this coming Tuesday, should be prime time in Snyder County.

Any one finding Morels yet?

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Morels
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »
Haven't been out yet but i will head out tomorrow to look in my spot.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 08:04:38 AM »
Went out yesterday for a few minutes and did not see any but I did see two other mushroom hunters.  Seems like you got everyone all fired up Hern.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 01:55:24 PM »
 :( :( :( :( Iffin we don't get some rain soon it will be slim pickins... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Planted 2 persimmon and 2 paw paw trees and diggin was tough :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:57:01 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 03:54:02 PM »
How do you know that?  Your wife tell you? ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 06:34:39 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Lookn4permission....it's clear with a statement like that, you don't have permission yet and no I don't even hafta ask  :-X :-X :-X :-X the wife doesn't even like shroons.. :P :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:35:54 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 06:30:34 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? Goose  ??? ??? ??? Are you as puzzled as me??  ::) "LookN4" is always doing something,fishing,morels,Fisher tracking!  ;) Never any pictures of these Adventures  :-\ I think he is still sitting on a chair in the kitchen where his wife can watch him  :P :P.............. 8)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 08:08:17 AM »
Lol.  I meant the tough digging "Goosehopper".

No pictures because you will tell UncleBuck all my super secret spots!! ;) ;)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 08:40:32 AM »
 :) :) :) :) Aaaaah Lookn4anexcuse... ::) ::) ::) No worry, we all know you are not allowed to take the camera or phone out of the house to take pics because you don't have permission  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 02:08:06 PM »
Wife and I found 5 more popping up. We need more rain...

Lookn4rattlers, when do you start hunting rattlers?
Reason I ask, nephew's friend was bit by a dry Copperhead last weekend. Union County.

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
I checked my area this morning and nothing yet. Had heavy rain early this morning, that might help.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 04:40:57 PM »
Lookn4rattlers, when do you start hunting rattlers?
Reason I ask, nephew's friend was bit by a dry Copperhead last weekend. Union County.

June 11th is the official start day but the snake are in full emergence now.  Great time to look at snakes since you can not legally disturb them yet.

Lucky for him it was a dry bite.  Never heard of a dry snake.  Someone should take it some water. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 08:20:50 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D and the intelligence spills out.. :P :P :P :P his cup runith over  :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 05:53:03 AM »
 :) CEO spotted a poisonous Ribbon Snake Rattler (very rare,indeed) yesterday while taking pictures of wild violets along the river.  I should lease her for the season, she can find snakes like a beagle finds rabbits  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D It was a man killer as she vacated the area for the safety of the car and left me to deal with the serpent on my own  :o  OMG it had a jaw spread of about a 1/4 inch, could have swallowed me whole.....not to mention the venom   ::) ::) ::) ::).......... 8) OH and no Morels here yet ,I guess to dry...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:53:53 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 08:28:34 AM »
I hope you got lucky for being so brave and saving the damsel in distress.  If guys your age are still interested in that kind of stuff? :o

I say we all pile into the short bus and pay a visit to Hern this weekend, Buckwheat is driving.  Goose can distract him over a cup of tea and lack of trapping stories and Jasper and I can borrow his morels and leeks. ;D ;D ;D ;D