Author Topic: Spring Gobbler  (Read 5434 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Spring Gobbler
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »
Raining hard before daylight this morning. Thought I would stay home. About 8-8:30 I decided to go rain or shine. Got to my spot before 9am and the rain stopped. Set up the decoys, waited a bit then let 'em know where I was. No gobbles so I settled in. The rain finally past. Lots of bird activity, woods birds & song birds & Crows. Even a buzzard in the distance. Still no gobbles. I enjoyed watching Nuthatches, Tufted Titmouse, Downy, Red headed & Palliated woodpeckers, Wood Thrushes and a few more species, but no Gobblers.
Stayed in the woods until 11:45. Then hit a couple of new spots to look for Morels. Didn't find a Morel. So I visited a local gun shop for an hour or two. Sat down and talked with & listened to a couple of ole timers hunting and war stories. I knew two customers that came in so they joined us and talked awhile.
All in all a good day. Maybe soon the Gobblers will be talking as much as the two ole timers in the gun shop.   

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 12:14:52 AM »
Sounds like it was a pretty good day ......
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 07:54:35 AM »
I plan some work for the rest of the week and next Monday, So I don't see getting out until next Tuesday.
My best to everyone with Turkey hunting, Fishing and Morel hunting.