Author Topic: Never heard of it  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Never heard of it
« on: March 21, 2016, 09:32:04 PM »
Started taking my 5 year old daughter to our local sportmen club for 22 block shoots with bird shot. You shoot a block target at 10 feet. There is an average of like 12 kids from 5 to 12 years old at the shoot. Well we started out shooting with her cricket and a tc hot shot and she could shoot both Gus no problem but the ploblem was getting a good pattern with bird shot. There where two young boys just tearing up the compention the first couple of weeks. I noticed there 22lr had a single shotgun bead at the end of the barrel never seen that before on a rifle. Well my brother and I had to stop in the local gun shop and had to get bird shot for his and my daughter to practice. The owner asked us what r u guys shooting with all this bird shot. Well I told him what the ammo was for and I also told him about the two boys that where shooting that 22 with the shotgun bead. He said I bet u any money that is a smooth bore .So got in the truck and googled it. Yep that what it was.

So I asked around to  friends and family and no one ever heard of it. I put a wanted to buy ad in pennswoods and in less then a week a guy had 2 of them for sale. Well bought one and now the daughter and niece r winning. Was a little learning curve from shooting a scope to shooting a bead. In fact my 8 year old niece placed in 3 out of five rounds with 17 shooters and my 5 year old daughter was lucky to place in one of the rounds.

Just wanted to share. Never heard of a smooth bore.

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Never heard of it
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:38:41 PM »
Never heard of one but nice shooting ladies!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 05:46:03 AM »
 :) Thanks for posting and congrats to the kids  ;D ;D New one for me  :o .............

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 08:07:16 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) They are the ones that 22 rat/bird shot was designed for... ;) ;) ;) otherwise the shot is hard on the rifling's... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 08:48:49 PM »
Shot won't hurt the rifling but it will lead it up and it will never shoot a god pattern w/a rifled barrel.  Remington made a smoothbore .22 pump just for shot.  Great Rat and pigeon in the barn gun.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline 32-20

• PPHA officers.
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »
I think only old guys know that stuff, works on anything from carpenter bee's to squirrels at close range. 

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 07:33:32 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Oh yea there we go..."only the old guys know that stuff"...he-he-he...and some will read and never learn  :P :P :P :P :P :P we didn't get to this mature age without bumping our heads a couple of times  ??? ??? ??? you learn from experience or something you stumbled across and forgot about til it resurfaces... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline 32-20

• PPHA officers.
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:51 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D he-he-he, I have a couple of bumps myself you can see them in the shinny spots !!! ::) ::) ::)