Author Topic: .17 Hornet  (Read 28754 times)

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: .17 Hornet
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 02:54:44 PM »
Tim dont let Jake fool ya, His CZ is as cherry as they come, if you want to shoot a fox killer, my rig is the one you wanna try! lolololololo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 03:10:23 PM »
Darin,  I didn't say it was broke in.  I was simply going to let him hold it so he could get an idea what a nice rig looks and feels like!!   I hate to take it out into the woods,  I might put a scratch on the fine looking wood!   LOL
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 04:21:55 PM »
Tim now be cautious  ??? ??? ??? ??? you have two veasels trying to git you to take them to your Super Secret Spot!!! :o :o :o :o :o Watch'em  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:22:16 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »
Shhhhhhh
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »
Those guns do have some pretty stocks on them. You keep yours close to the safe and I'll keep banging my around. Lol.
Really though Tim you can't go wrong with the Leupold or Zeiss in the 40mm plenty of light gathering glass for even the long shots and the carnivore lights sit perfect right on top without the problem of the 50mm bell end.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »
 :o :o :o :o Watch it Tim, the political machine (Pres & V Pres) is moving in for the kill  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Your hide is gonna end up on one of their boards... ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 08:04:23 AM »
You guys crack me up.  No secret super secret hunting spots for me, just ice fishing spots and that's not looking good at the moment.

Jake, I may take you up on that.  Send me a PM on when you would be available.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »
well now lets not forget the Nightforce and Vortex scopes, they both make some mighty fine optics... I'll let you look at my Vortex when I come up if you can wait that long...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 04:58:50 PM »
Nite Force is out of my range and I am looking at the Vortex.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 07:09:25 PM »
Since Pop's is buyin  :o :o :o :o :o I'm surprised he isn't lookin at Swarovski or Zeiss ;) ;) ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 07:48:16 PM »
Vortex viper is pretty sweet on the 22-250. Mine has the dead-hold BDC with dots.  ;)
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

uncle buck

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 08:41:31 PM »
The 17 Hornet.....Now that is a predator hunters gun...I have one in a  E A Brown Encore barrel... However I'm going to start to use the MGM 17 WSMRF barrel...  Starting to buy ammo just in case it should fall along the way side.. What a shame they put out a cheap gun that will make people not want to use the rimfire.. Welp i'll be ready... Got like 1450 rounds of the three mfg ammo...  I did have the BMAG but I sold it...It was capable of killing things.. But seemed to string after the 5th shot.. So it was not target gun... I had to run the rod through it and then it went back to shooting the next  4 dead center..I never was a person to use my predator guns for target practice...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2016, 08:12:34 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Well when he get's around to eating his "Baked Oatmeal"   >:( >:( >:( his Old Pop's can think about that Zeiss or Swarovski........ :P.....and not a minute sooner!!!!  :o :o :o.................. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »
 :o :o :o Pop's just so you know,  ??? ??? ??? he considered my 338 Win Mag  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ but then decided against it  :'( :'( :'( :'( wish someone would buy it sooos I could git a new toy :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 06:49:31 AM »
 ;D ;D Solution  ;D ;D Gun to "Pop's" house and I will watch it  ;D ;D ;D .............sorry about the .338  :( :( maybe my fault  ::) He secret PM'd me  :o  and I said "Timmy me boy" if the Fisher is looking at you  when you shoot  ;D your going to end up with a fur doughnut hole with ears  :P :P :P :P...........probably killed your sale  :( :( :( :( :(..........................but...........put an ice fishing reel on it and advertise as a MINK combo gun  ;D ;D ;D maybe BW will buy it  ::) ...................Pop's.......... 8)