Author Topic: Every darn year...  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Every darn year...
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:23 AM »
It happens every year...
I had a phone call yesterday afternoon and two calls last evening (first day of Deer)...One guy shot a Coyote and two other guys shot Red Fox while Deer hunting. I was ask if I wanted a Coyote and Red and other guy wanted to know about getting a Red mounted. I ask the two Red killers, if they had a Furtaker license, the answer...NO. They had no clue they needed a license to shoot Fox.
All 3 wanted to give me their kills and I declined.
Am sure to get another call in the next two weeks...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Every darn year...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 07:18:46 AM »
Yea, I've talked to folks in the past that no clue about a furtakers license  ??? ??? ??? ??? Haven't this year yet, but the conversation will come up I'm sure  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) They just don't read the digest they get when purchasing their hunting license  :P :P :P :P You hafta skim it at lease for changes that you didn't see posted somewhere... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
 I may have been dreaming, but aren't the fur buyers requiring a tag number on fur receipts when you sell?... thought I heard something about that this past summer...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:30 PM »
I can't imagine there would be much fur left if they were shot with a deer rifle....
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »
 :) :) :) Fly tying is all that fur may be good for  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 07:56:17 AM »
Dale, you are required to show your Furtaker license when selling furbearers in Pennsylvania.
At that point the fur buyer takes your Furtaker license and records your information (Name, address, license number) in his record book.

Yea guys I hear ya, it's not fun skun'n, flesh'n, sewing rifle shot or road killed fur. Many times you get started and get to damaged area and it's taking alot of time and wondering why am I doing this. Only to get to the damage and figuring it's not worth my time and tossing it out. Also very, very messy process, for the most part.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 03:46:53 PM »
Dale, you are required to show your Furtaker license when selling furbearers in Pennsylvania.
At that point the fur buyer takes your Furtaker license and records your information (Name, address, license number) in his record book.

Yea guys I hear ya, it's not fun skun'n, flesh'n, sewing rifle shot or road killed fur. Many times you get started and get to damaged area and it's taking alot of time and wondering why am I doing this. Only to get to the damage and figuring it's not worth my time and tossing it out. Also very, very messy process, for the most part.

I thought I remembered something about needing to show license when selling...  I asked Jerry about selling cat up there if I luck into anything... license # and cites tag on the fur...

I always sold in the round as I didn't have space to skin, flesh and dry skins when I was up there... I always tried to head shoot all my animals though... the combo of the slowed down Hornet with a V-Max to the head, no muss, fuss, or bother... one grey fox in 3 or 4 years that I messed up on and hit him a little off center, bout took his ear off, made a bit of a mess... I could blame it on the fox too as he was out in the middle of a field road between 2 cut corn patches, in pouring down rain... he was acting  bit nervous coming in and could have turned his head a bit too..

never could figure why that lil rascal was out there as the grey's normally stay closer to the heavy wooded cover, this one was at least ΒΌ mile from any woods... a couple of fence rows but that was about it...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...