Author Topic: ICOtech callers heard some of you are using them now  (Read 16310 times)

uncle buck

Re: ICOtech callers heard some of you are using them now
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »
When you buy the additional sounds do they come on a SD card or do you go to their web site and pull them off of there...I guess you just store it on the SD card?

I was out the other night and I was yanking chain with my FX5 FP.. Had a female respond and then I came back later to the area and had a male respond but they just wouldn't step out into my shooting lane..This same farm...when I would trigger the FP.. The red fox would start barking right then and there... I had to revert to mouth calling to out smart them.. wouldn't that be something if predators start to learn the pitch of different callers and know that something just ain't right....To this day I have actually called in many coyotes with the Primos Power Dogg...   Something about how it's built.. It's speaker and of course Randy Anderson doing the coyote vocals on there... I was just in awe of the MFK predator sounds done on the mouth calls .. What great sounds..
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:55:39 PM by uncle buck »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 06:10:31 AM »
i am having problems with my FoxPro again after they fixed it..   I am seriously thinking about getting this call.   I have the same question as UB plus I was wondering how the volume is on the call.   we use our calls for crows and need the volume..   I have a fury and that has the volume, I have a spitfire also as a backup and that does not, when you get loud with the spitfire you can hear the speaker if you know what I mean..   if I have to replace my fury not sure what I am going to do, either this call or the FoxPro hellfire.. 

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 10:09:19 AM »
When u purchase a Icotec u will be given a password and a link to download more free Icotec sounds of your choice.  I created a folder and store them on computer. I also have the lifetime MFK sound library, they email the new sounds to you and I store them in another folder on computer. When you want to add or delete sounds you plug the caller into the computer and transfer the sounds from the folder to the sd card in the caller. After that you plug in your remote to the caller and it re programs the remote to match your caller.  This is very easy and JD has a you tube video on how to do it. Keep in mind the gc 300 cannot be programmed. The gc 350 can be programmed up to 24 Icotec sounds and on the gc500 you can program 200 mixed sounds from MFK, Icotec,Tony Tebbe ect. As far as volume goes, it goes from 0-7, for distress I use volume 1 or 2. Howls volume 3,  no need to go to volume 4 and above for predator hunting.

uncle buck

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 11:13:21 AM »
Logic... Why many people except a few on here have admitted it they are now using ICOtech... I really do think that predators that have been called before with other machines get to know something.. Be it the pitch of the sounds or who knows maybe even the buzz of the speaker we can't hear... Take the cheap Primos Power Dogg... A few people on here and myself have called in many coyotes with that.. Then you take the real expensive callers and the coyotes just talk to you... "DON"T GIVE ME ANY OF THAT TALK BACK!" " YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH!"  that sounds like my mom.. LOL LOL    So I can tell you one thing.. Should I buy a caller again it will also be a ICOtech.. Who knows down the road maybe the buzz of that speaker will start to be known by the predators.  One thing for sure... I just think back how we used the JS cassette players that used the big D batteries and wow did we call in predators with that... You go to the new chip type and  it seems like you do call in some but not like the old days.. Of course that could be that there are  999 hunters in Cumberland county now  and back then I was the only one... Some of you now where playing with your rattle in the play pen.. :)  :)   I want to say thank you to everyone that made comment on here... This is how we learn and it saves you experience in the learning curve and even  $$$$$$$$  Merry Christmas and have an outstanding Happy New Year!!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:16:21 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 05:49:29 PM »
Uncle buck, u won't regret buying a Icotec.  The caller not having to be in direct sight of the remote is a huge benefit in my area with the hills and valleys. I have one gc500 just with MFK coyote vocals, a gc500 with Icotec and MFK distress sounds on it with there decoy and also a gc300.  For anyone else buying one Ohio paracord and bow works makes a great call and remotes sling for $25 and your choice of color for it.

uncle buck

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 10:25:22 PM »
Wow I was listening to all the MFK calls you can get for the ICOtec..  The Gray Fox MFK sound and the coyote pups are just awesome...   I purchased the ICOtec GC 500 with the decoy.  Some of the YOUTUBE videos on it... Awesome how it works in the deep woods without having being in the direct line with the antenna.  Wish I could see what sounds are in their free.  I will have to get me a 32 SD  card now.   So I there any benefit of putting the extra sounds on the card instead of right on the GC 500?  I have played around with decoys now and then but have seen how if I would have had a decoy out this year it would have helped ... Coyotes honing in on the decoy instead of me... As you all know...You got to make sure it's not a deer... Called in so many coyotes.. I keep records... 114 now in Pa... However wow if I would have harvested  114 I'd be known far and wide as "Far and Wide!"   :)  :)  Most coyotes I do call in are with my mouth calls.. However when the coyotes come in to mouth calling ....they are looking right at you...Looking forward to try some of the deep woods calling.  This ICOtec might be just what one needs.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:26:05 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 02:30:43 PM »
You can not put any sounds directly on the caller UB.  They all have to be on SD cards.  Although you could put thousands of sounds on one card, I think the remote can only display 200 max.  Still very easy to switch out a card and who hunts with 200 sounds anyway.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 10:00:23 PM »
And a little birdy told me in the near future....icotec will be comming out with a new and improved remote for the GC500 with more features ;) so their just getting better and better....Also checkout the covers boonedocks is making for the icotec...to protect it from the weather...I ordered one comes in alot of camo patterns...at a fair price.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:04:40 PM by Predator53 »
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 11:16:41 PM »
Thanks L4F! It arrived today. Awesome. Good quality plastico made into call and decoy. The Cadillac of calls cost me $600 in 2007.  GC 500 $179.00.  This is going to be an excellent call when I hunt alone and want coyote to go to caller and decoy not come to  my lone mouth calling. 

Offline Ayunk04

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2016, 12:31:00 AM »
For the money you can't beat the gc500. I love that I can put it in my coat pocket. Very easy to use and download new sounds. The mfk sounds are great! Definitely a great buy in my opinion!

uncle buck

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 07:25:06 PM »
L4F was correct...It was so easy to load all the sounds I put on disc from my FX5 FoxPro... I now have 65 sounds on the GC 500.  I have already called in a coyote with it the first time I tried it and I have killed a red fox with it.. .The coyote came in 20 seconds after I activated the factory installed cottontail distress sound.. The red fox came in about the 15 min mark starting off with the rabbit distress and using red fox distress sounds on the caller.. The red came right to the call and I shot it off E , W Rifle Range Rest with my Encore rifle and my E W Carnivore light.. The coyote got right in front of the farmers house.  He got in line with my scent and it was all over....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:27:11 PM by uncle buck »

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 09:07:58 PM »
UB, I'm glad to hear you're having success with the icotec. They are a great caller for the money.
District 5 coordinator

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 06:30:40 AM »
I recently got the GC500.   I ordered the one from MFK with their sounds and the Icotech sounds, so it came with 35 sounds or so preloaded into the caller..    The sound quality is very good, although when I pick a sound I hear a slight noise coming from the speaker, like it is loading, I don't think it is enough to spook an animal and I don't think it has so far.    I loaded my Randy Anderson MP3 calls and my JS calls to the unit, it was very easy to use, it is the same as the FoxPro spitfire to load sounds.   I did try to load some FoxPro sounds on it and it didn't even recognize them on the remote.   

I was a little concerned about the size of the text on the remote so I renamed all of the calls using CAPITAL letters and it helps some.   IMO the remote could be improved.   the light only stays on for a couple of seconds and then shuts off, I wish it stayed on the whole time..  the display could be bigger even with all capital letters they are tough to read sometimes.   

Over all the call is a good one, and for the money probably the best buy of all the calls out there..  ICOTEC would benefit from making more calls available.  Once they do and if they make improvements to the remote they are going to be tough to beat.   

uncle buck

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2016, 05:21:35 PM »
I to wish the light wouldn't go out so fast. However once you use it in the dark you can almost see or anticpate the next sound you want to use... Hey figure  $179 VS $600..  Look  many ICOtec GC 500 you can buy for   $600.00.   Yes they are a coyote calling machine... That is real important...Like the decoy right on them big time.. I mean big time...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 09:38:46 AM »
I agree with what you are saying about the small font and light.  Something that I do may help you also.  I hunt with a headlight and just lower my head so the halo of the light hits the remote.  It works for me and I have not spooked anything off because of it.  Unless you are using the presets, you have to look at the remote anyway.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!