Author Topic: wicked light  (Read 22083 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: wicked light
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 03:57:17 PM »
I hear y'all talking about identifying a red or grey at 300 yards... that's to much light... you'll be blinding them unless you keep them in the halo... they, just like you are uncomfortable with a to bright light in your eyes...

if you see them blinking and turning their head away from the light, it's because they are uncomfortable with your light... tone it down... even when I was using my 6volt Nitelite, I'd dial it down a bit when they started getting blinky on me and they'd settle down and come on in...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 06:41:09 PM »
You can turn down the carnivores. I don't and have never lost one because of the light. I don't turn my gun light on till I'm ready to shoot though.
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline SilentTree

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 10:36:49 PM »
How does the Carnivore 2 stand up to Night Eyes F6 Gun Light?

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 11:47:44 PM »
I have both lights and there really is no comparison other than to say they are both lights.
The carnivore light is approx 3 times brighter than the night eyes shoot light.
I will run the night eyes on my shotgun when I take it out for the night and I have no complaints with that application.
I'm in no way saying the night eyes shoot light is a bad light, just giving you my honest answer. 
The plus for the night eyes is that for the money it comes as a complete set up. Charger, light, batteries and toggle switch.

My preference is to have the brightest light out there on my rifle and that is the Carnivore Magnum.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 07:07:30 AM »
+1
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline 17Hornet

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 01:47:55 AM »
Bought a "Carnivore 2" hunting light and i'm very disappointed to say the least. Not by the light, it as good as advertised. I'm disapointed that i was taken for the price and the misnomer that this is a custom light while it just a Chinese red led that you can order yourself from Crelant. Its good but not worth 167.00 good. Most hunters I know are streching it a bit to even get a decent light. I decided to order 15 for me and my hunting buddies and they were 65.00 apiece.  They came in three days and they are even better then the old one i bought for way to much money. The best part is they gave me a 40% discount for ordering 15 so the price was 39.16 for each!!!  I think thats enough to get a little ticked off about!! What do you think. And oh, that price is with shipping and taxes. If you want to know more just PM me.  Thanks 17Hornet
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:26:14 PM by Misterjake23 »

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »
Are the Chinese lights as bright as the carnivore 2?
Home D-5
Camp D-3

uncle buck

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »
The hoods on the Carnivore are awesome!  You have to watch what and where you get batteries for lights. Some Panosonic batteries have flat positive end. This will not work. You need the one with the positive cap or bead. Things like this can cause you lose big bucks $$$$$.  I donated hundreds of lights to Goodwill. Dedicated predator hunters are always looking for the Golden bullet. The right light, hood, and right battery are  mandatory to bag our Eastern Coyotes.

Offline 17Hornet

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2016, 12:32:25 AM »
Bigcat
The Chinese lights are the "Carnivore".  Matter of fact the new group I bought direct from the company cutting out the middle man is better them the one I bought for 167.00!!!

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2016, 09:13:07 AM »
I really find that hard to believe. They may look the same. I compared mine ,carnivore 2, to the new wicked light last week and it was just as bright if not brighter.
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline 17Hornet

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 10:10:48 AM »
Yep, I did too!

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
I don't want to come across the wrong way in this post.   Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we respect that.    Having said that,  we all agree, those who have and used the Carnivore 2 shoot light, agree that it's a fantastic shoot light.   Let's not beat up on one of our sponsors just because we later find another vender selling it cheaper, after the fact.   I choose to pay his asking price.  His price is within reason compared to other light manufacturers.  If I feel that the light wasn't worth the asking price,  I wouldn't have paid it.   If I later find the same or similar product cheaper,  then that's on me for not doing my homework. 

All I'm trying to convey here is this.....  EW calls has always been a good sponsor and long time member.  He puts out a good quality product and stands behind it.  Don't be negative on the boards just because you later didn't like the price.  He didn't force anyone to purchase his product,  we all willingly did it on our own.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 12:50:47 PM »
wow.....   

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 08:42:21 PM »
Agree with Mister....EW is top notch ..and stands behind all their products...and is a supporter of PPHA without these sponsors...PPHA  has no voice....Oh by the way..love my Wicked lights!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:43:48 PM by Predator53 »
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 07:35:20 PM »
17 hornet
I purchase the lights from crelant. I then purchased a better Led and heat sink in the USA and send them to crelant. Then i had them install the new red Led with the new copper heat sink. Then I have would have them run the circuit to the specks I requested.  So they cost me a lot more then $67.00
The easy way you can tell them apart is to look at it and see if it has the copper heat sink in the light.

If crelant in China is selling a light as bright as mine they would have to start making the lights from the specks and equipment I sent them.
Look to see if the one you purchased from china,has the copper heat sink.
You can even call me if you need help looking at the heat sink and led. I would like to know if they copying my work.

Ernie 717 468 7912
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:37:52 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!