Author Topic: Mt lions in pa  (Read 3576 times)

Offline honky111

Mt lions in pa
« on: August 13, 2015, 05:37:32 PM »

Howdy all first time on here would like to get your input about mt lions in pa. And has anyone seen the one with a tag in its left ear?

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Mt lions in pa
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:37:25 PM »
I'm not going to say that the occasional cat does not perhaps pass thru the great state of PA. I just can't believe we Any number of the cats living here. There is always someone saying they have seen one and it ends up being a dog or a bobcat. I just haven't seen the evidence that they are here.
Think about all the hunters we have in the state and you never hear of or see anyone posting pics anywhere of a dead mountain lion they shot during any hunting season.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline honky111

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 10:19:58 PM »

I agree 100% I don't think we have a population of them but I myself have seen bout 7-8 in my life time so far. of course I have no proof of that and also heard all the stories and seen pics from other states with a story they were taken in pa. But I finally seen the proof I ve been trying to get for years. hopefully in the next wk ill be posting a picture with the rest of this story.  passing through or whatever the case its very interesting.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:43:32 PM »
Just like everyone else,  I've heard of people seeing them but no proof has ever been shown.  I agree with Bowman,  my personal belief is they are transient through the state.  I do know at one time, There were mountain lions in PA.  But that was back in the late 1800-1900's. 

It would make sense that we could never wipe out every last one....  But where is the proof they still exist today?

Welcome to the club and thanks for signing up!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 07:50:45 AM »
 ;) ;) Oh boy, I like a good read  :o :o :o welcome also!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 07:51:09 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member