Author Topic: Last ditch coyote an crow hunt  (Read 22674 times)

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Last ditch coyote an crow hunt
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 12:17:45 PM »
Thank you Jake!
Due to price increase in ammo,,,,,,,,,,,,,there will be no warning shots

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 06:07:54 AM »
 ;D Thanks Jake and Thanks Bulldog for running a hunt on such short notice. ;D What happened to you other guys that signed up  ??? ??? I'd like to know  :) Friday I went for coyotes till around 10 then switched to crows..went in for supper..back out till dark for coyotes again  >:( no luck ...no night hunting  :( worn out..lol  :P Sat. had an 11 yr old to watch catch trout in the AM went for crows in afternoon..windy...no coyotes..Sun. went for coyotes early "0"..then crows till noon, when SGL started to fill up  :( :( :(......17 I used to put out decoys etc., now I lazy man hunt  ::) sometimes I just set the caller in a clump of evergreens of some type, no decoys and if its open woods I try to semi hide my owl in a brushy tree  :) If they deem it a good set-up they will dive into it for sure.... ;D ;D ;D ;D.......... 8)

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 07:22:47 AM »
Friday the boys and i gathered up fishing supplies, got a new rod and reel for the birthday boy who turned 9
Saturday we fished til just after 11, the boys were on fire, they caught 22 fish and threw them all back.
The rest of saturday and sunday we just hung out and played, so i wasnt able to get out hunting at all, maybe next time!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2015, 08:43:38 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) Darin the time spent with the kids is priceless, compared to others shooting grackles and counting them.. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2015, 09:05:18 AM »
Jason and I went out sunday morning and I dropped two with two shots then it went down hill after that.  one hit a 60ft oak and got wedged in tight.  Other hit the ground but took no picture for the hunt.  I do have video of the crow in the tree though. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2015, 10:29:32 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Ben...jaspr1 is rubbing off on you with your stories.. :o :o :o :o :o LOL-LOL
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:30:05 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »
The winners are nepahunter17 an jaspr1 pm me your address

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2015, 07:21:41 PM »
Congrats to the winners
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2015, 08:04:57 PM »
Congrats guys!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 08:39:32 PM »
Congrats guys , made it out sat.night seen a bunch of deer and a fox but no coyotes .

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:37 PM »
made 3 sets Friday night into Saturday morning. No eyes did not see any activity at all. Didnot make it out Saturday night. Congrats to the winners.

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2015, 09:04:56 PM »
Thanks for putting up the hunt Bulldog. Thanks for the  prizes Bee's. Congrats Jasper.
Due to price increase in ammo,,,,,,,,,,,,,there will be no warning shots

Offline M59JY

• PPHA Members
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2015, 09:27:49 PM »
Congrats to all ! Went to a friends camp in potter county with my son to hunt over the weekend never hunted the are before had a few places picked out from google maps figured I'd run the road out a few miles see if I could locate any an try and set up on them first stop tried the siren locater no answer so I tried a howl locater two coyotes answered less than 100 yards away in a pine thicket ( what's the chances ) not more than 30 seconds later I see both of them heading for the clear cut so I backed out and tried to sit up on them that evening nothing except two sets of tracs from them earlier the rest of the weekend was a bust also should have stayed home and killed crows but after putting in time all winter hunting them it sure was nice to finally get a visual of them

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2015, 10:28:24 PM »
Congrats guys, and thanks to everyone who participated in the hunt!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2015, 05:54:43 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Young Ben do not be deterred by the "MOP&GLO" "Goose"  ;D ;D ;D ;D the only thing he hunted those 3 days was a "SNACK".... :P....AWESOME  recounts of the days events by everyone...thanks for sharing  ;D ;D ;D ;D........Congratulations 17 and Thanks again to Bulldog and "Bee's"........ 8)