Author Topic: scope  (Read 10232 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: scope
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? Just perhaps I'm being old....but with the powerful scanning lights being used today to hunt at night   :o :o :o :o Why do you need an illuminated scope also ??  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 05:04:34 PM »
everyone on here that says you don't need a illuminated recticle I agree too.. The new lights have made that just a waste. But if your scope has it use but I wouldn't pay extra $$$$$$$$$$for an illuminated scope.

I was just in awe the last two hunts... I have been using a   .264 Cal.  6.5 BRM Encore for hunting.. Now on the rifle I have a MULLER All Purpose Variable APV designated scope.. It's a 4.5 X 14 40 MM.  I have it set on 100 yards with it's Variable setting... Oh my you should see how the glass works on dark nights. On one stand I didn't even turn on my scope light and the snow on that somewhat dark night gave me good visibility... They aren't an expensive scope either..

I have a model 788  22250 that maybe  25 years ago I put on a cheap aurz 3 X 9 Bushnell Scope on it and see thru mounts... I  actualy purchased new regular scope mounts and when I do replace the Bushnell 3 X 9 40 MM I'm going to buy a MULLER high power variable scoped that should have been married up with this  22250 shooter... I will put the 3 X 9 Bushnell on a Rem  22 pump...MULLER GLASS it is real good for the price!!!!!

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »
Wouldn't do without my illum dot. Just like old days playing connect the dots :)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 12:18:27 AM »
line up the 3 dots, 2 eyes with the scope dot in the middle... been shooting the Muellers for years, best bang for the buck I've found... are extremely clear for daylight shooting also... probably wouldn't need it but since I've gotten used to it, no use to not use it...

the Muellers use a CR2032 battery, a common watch/electronic battery... I use it in my red dot sights, bike speedometers, blood sugar meters also... buy them on fleabay, a 10 pack for just a couple bucks... very easy to find, if you go in a store that carries batteries, if it has any of the flat types, the 2032 will be there...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 05:32:03 PM »
I even have a Muller red dot shotgun sight on my Encore Turkey barrel... yep Muller spoken here that's for sure!!!!

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 02:59:16 PM »
I also have a Mueller APV on a .22 mag and agree for the money it is a nice scope. Even though I've never used it other than to sight it in..I read an article where the owner of Mueller said that the reason they are able to manufacture quality scopes at a reasonable price is because they spend next to nothing on advertising..which seems accurate because I cannot recall ever seeing an ad for Mueller anywhere..As for Illuminated dots I believe Mueller may have one of the smallest dots available, very small MOA..but I like the Vortex V-Brite scopes too..just a solitary dot..have 2 ..Very nice scopes for the money IMO..have a Vortex Hog Hunter 3-12x56 on my .204 and a 3-9x50 on my .17 hornet..prefer the simple stand alone dot as opposed to an entire illuminated crosshairs etc..too busy for me.
PPHA President

uncle buck

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »
I have two Muller APV a silver one and a black one. Wait until you use that 22 WMR for fox at night. You will know what I mean about clarity. I keep mine set on 100 yards. The silver is on a 308 Win Prohunter stainless barrel and the black on a  E A Brown 6.5 BRM. Source  I purchased from used them on 17 HMR fir Prairie dogs. www.eabco.com does s sale Mullers! I have another source I use to. I will post that when I get on home computer.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:04:03 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 08:05:31 PM »
I've hunted with red dot on my shotgun since they came out years ago.
I wouldn't hunt at night without a red dot.
Red dot is also effective when Spring Gobbler shooting.

uncle buck

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
Almost forgot. As promised:   Here is my other source for Muller products:  http://www.windwalkeroutdoors.com/

uncle buck

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 03:56:50 PM »
A look at the specs of the Muller APV some of us commented on:   http://www.windwalkeroutdoors.com/product/MUAPV451440.html#.VQCdw4d0zIU

uncle buck

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 03:58:44 PM »
Note many times www.eabco.com ships Mullers for free...

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 05:20:02 AM »
I have a traditional tube - style red dot on my shotgun, it's awesome......except......like any tube you loose a some of you parifiral vision.

I'm setting up a new shot gun now and thinking about a reflex.....either a regular reflex or something like an EoTech but, I'm concerned about reflection. Most times with my shot gun I just tip my scanner to the right (I'm LH) and shoot them off my scanner. I have a gun mount light but don't normally use it.

Anyone else using a reflex or EoTech ???

Offline hunter1619

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 07:35:07 PM »
started using the vortex hog hunter at night and the red dot makes it a lot easier to get on target it makes for a nice option