Author Topic: Snow Never Lies  (Read 3352 times)

uncle buck

Snow Never Lies
« on: January 08, 2015, 07:15:52 PM »
It' almost as enjoyable catching things in cables as when you see you just near missed a coyote or a fox...You learn from that to.. You see where they are running all the time. Actually the misses were so close it just a matter of time when I go back and there they are in the restraint.  As far as calling goes... You can tell by the way the tracks looks if the critters are just passing through or hunting... If you see them going from point A in a field to the Top of the Hill Point B... You probably just scared them and they took off in front of you or they were passing through... What I like to see is when you see them weaving in and out of al the brush piles... those canines are hunting... Come back to that farm after dark and you probably get a shot at one calling...

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Snow Never Lies
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:51:46 PM »
Its always enjoyable to read postings from our "older" wise members!  Thanks !!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D you got that older part right... ;D ;D ;D ;D but I'll refer to it as "overly mature"  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 01:23:40 AM »
I actually preferred when the snow went away when using my restraints this year... Seemed like the snow kept them farther out into the field as they were going from point A to B...Once the snow melted I start catching them again where the restraints were previously placed... We pulled them Sunday.. Actually only trapped one farm.. We did well for only trapping one farm...Prices kind of made me not run a line this year... Grant you I didn't make the money I made last year but as you all know it just isn't about the bucks...  Plus I learned by observation just where these critters like to run.. I will use that for hunting.. Plus you get to scout why you trap and see what is truly in or on a farm....Yep snow...Never Lies!!!!!