Author Topic: Clearance Items buy it when your young and use it when your retired  (Read 2781 times)

uncle buck

I have been retired from Uncle now  9 years...So nice that I have purchased a lot of clearance items when I use to work... Now that I hunt a lot I'm using it now and I don't have to buy it... Wally World is great place to buy clearance items after the season is over... One of these days I'm going  ice fishing... I have all that stuff even the cleats to walk on the ice and the auger...Stuff was given to me by stores...All I have to do is put the predator calls down and go ice fishing... It so hard to put those predator calls down though.. I  do eat sleep and go to the bathroom when it comes to predator hunting...You youngens remember that when your young... See something that you might use someday that they are giving away.. Buy it.. You probably will use it when you retire.. I remember that Time I purchased a 303 British Enfield from Boscov's for $79.00. Oh how I wish I purchased 3 instead of 1...

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Clearance Items buy it when your young and use it when your retired
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 07:05:56 AM »
come up and hunt the Trition hose company coyote hunt in late january, we will stay at the cabin and hunt and fishing until we drop..   

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:49:55 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Jimbo, don't be tryin to walk on any hard water in the near time frame as you will sink like a rock!! :-\ :-\ :-\ Yep, I too am using things I bought/stocked-up on when the time and price was right.... ;) ;) ;) Now in alot of cases it a matter of using or get rid of it for lack of use, better know as yard sale it  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »
Pagoose ...Jim  I don't sink since I was a Shallow Water Sailor at one time... Always wanted to go a catch a mess of Yellow Perch and make some of that outstanding fish chowder. Stink the house up and I'd end up in the dog house... :(

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
I was just talking  today how nice it would be to bag a few NEPA coyotes... I do pretty good in that one spot I told you about... Scott your going to have to try that spot some night with your son... They be smart coyotes there and you do have to yank their chain.. minimal calling and long periods of silence does the trick..Bobcat abound there too...

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 06:32:38 AM »
i scouted that area this year and it looked really good.  they cut some new access roads on the other side of the road and it looks good.   good spot to just get legal and call them up.   we haven't gotten up that way yet but it is on the list. 

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 07:12:29 PM »
Scott next time you go in the daytime... When you park by the road and the pond is in front of you... Look over to the road catty corner and you will see a stand of pine trees... I have had them come to my calling in that patch of trees.. If you go with more people then your son have someone go over there and post in  that stand of pine trees.. They need to use a shotgun.. This is not on the pond side it on the other side of the street.. It would be the stand of pines on your left side of your body if you had that pond at your back... I have a friend that told me he gets Pickeral in that pond by the way..   you and I  have always called in quite a bit of coyotes together when we have hunted together... 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:27:50 PM by uncle buck »