Author Topic: ? New Rules  (Read 5825 times)

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
? New Rules
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
Just got my Game News.  Proposed  allowing of Motorized Crow Decoys.  Who did this for us?  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline takemrarely

• Junior Forum Member
Re: ? New Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:49:17 AM »
Mojo?

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »
Hi everyone!

I brought this to the attention Of Pat Domico from Curwensville.  Pat was appointed to the board this year. 

I had bought some busters II's and then found they were illegal to use.  I also found an old thread on Crow Busters on this subject way back and showed it to Pat.  Pat felt it was rediculous that they couldn't be used too, since we can use motorized decoys for other predators.  He went to the first meeting with the proposal.  He advised me it was brought up at the meeting and that it will likely not happen until next year.  I understand the biggest topic was the Sunday hunting issue.

Also, I tried two weeks ago to join PPHA through the home page and the credit card thing wouldn't fully function.  Does anyone know if there has been a problem with this?  I will try again and if it doesn't work, I guess I will apply by snail mail.

Lets keep our fingers crossed the law gets passed and happy hunting to you guys this season.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:00:07 AM by Ghost Dog »

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:17:31 PM »
Well, Haven't heaed anything from our Bored (sic) members, so I guess that this is the best answer that I will get.  Dick

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »
Sorry,  I wanted to type heard.  Dick

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:25:59 PM »
Ghost Dog,  Now that I read your post again I ask you what Board meeting are you talking about, PPHA or the Game Commission?  Dick

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
Ghost dog
That would be great that they my accept you decoy suggestion.
Crows are getting to be a big problem in some areas. I too think the PGC would like to see more crows shot. I would even like to see them shot over bait. People should see the danage they do every year to small nesting birds. Also they carry some diseases that are bad. I think thay are one of the birds that can carry west nile and not be affected, just a spreader of the diseases.

New officers will take over Sep1 and you might have tried to apply for membership when they were changing the pay pal account?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:52:50 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »
PaPa1,

Early spring the PGC appointed several individuals from different counties to a board, so that they might give different views and opinions on behalf of the sportsmen, the way I understand it.  Pat Domico was one of the ones appointed from Clearfield county.  Knowing Pat, I brought this issue to his attention and he stated that he would bring it to the attention of the PGC.

I didn't know there was anything posted in the game news magazine, but had been told by Pat what I relayed to you.

I hope this helps!

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »
Ghost Dog,  Thank him for us.  Dick

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
Buckwheat,

I agree with all you said about the vermin.  I hope they do pass it, as it's no different than using a Mojo Critter for other predators.  Just one of those crazy laws like not being able to shoot a coon on Sunday,  if one comes in while you're calling yotes.

I will try to join again through the forum,  Thanks for the info on change of officers and all.

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 08:47:44 PM »
PaPa1,

I have several times, but will gladly do so on behalf of everyone from the PPHA.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 05:38:16 AM »
Ghost Dog..I am not sure about the PGC appointing anyone to a board.
Are you thinking of the Gov's Youth Council on Hunting, Fishing, and Conservation?
There have also been other Legislators looking to their constituients about froming sportsmans councils
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
Lifes2fub,

You are correct.  Here is the link.

http://gantdaily.com/2012/03/19/clearfield-county-man-recently-appointed-to-gov-corbett%E2%80%99s-advisory-council-for-hunting-fishing-and-conservation/

I advised Pat the other day about PPHA's members being grateful, pertaining to a change in the law for us to be able to use the motorized decoys for crows.

He said he is doing what he can  and will stay on it.

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 10:21:06 PM »
Alright...you may have picked up from this or other web sites.... I HATE crows.  It blows my mind why they can only be hunted 3 days a week and the season is closed for part of the year due to some Mexican crow species which makes no sense to me anyway.   If I were in charge anything would go for crows 24/7.  I wish I was better at killing those buggers...