Author Topic: Coyote Light  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Coyote Light
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:19:43 PM »
Well after debating a week or two and talked to other users I bought this light. Wow what a light. This light is like the lightforce but without the wires and weight. I used this light this past weekend and am very happy with my decision of purchasing it. It is bright can flood the light or go to a spot. But the best thing is I can dim this light to just enough to pick up eyes. There is hunting spots that is tight that with other lights that I was using I would get shadows ( that's not good) well with coyote light I have no more shadows at these hunting spots.

I am going to try to use it both as a scanning light and a shooting light. I talked  to another member about this and he does very well with one light that does two jobs. Might take a little bit to get adjusted to it but I should not have a problem with backlighting this way.

If you liked the lightforce but want to go to new tech this is your light.

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Coyote Light
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:43 PM »
Looks like a sweet light especially with a rheostat.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »
Did you tell them you were a member?  It is a nice light.  I can't wait to see it in a plastic housing as they told me they were working on.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »
No I did not tell them that I was a member? I did tell them that I found out about the light on this site.

Offline CoyoteLight

• www.CoyoteLight.com
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »
Nice setup for hunting solo.

Sorry, no plastic light housing yet.  It's really important to have a good heatsink to dissipate as much heat as possible for efficiency.  We did a lot of R&D with heat transfer and found all the common "china" flashlights we have all been using for years losses about 20% performance when it warms up.  So if your china brand flashlight feels warm, your performance decreases and you may notice the light dim.

Most hunters are not aware of how useful the dimming feature is unless they have used the Lightforce or other coon lights.  CoyoteLight can scan for the reflection of eyes at any power, usually prefer around 20 - 30% power and then turn up the light to full power to shoot.  There is a jack on the back of the light for an external dimmer control.  So if the light is mounted out of reach you don't need to move your hands to adjust the dimmer.
CoyoteLight Inc.
"Made by predator hunters for predator hunters"

Made in PA!