Author Topic: Hot lights  (Read 2742 times)

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Hot lights
« on: December 17, 2011, 04:10:33 PM »
If there was a red Led light available with 1400 lumen's and could run all night on one lite weight battery for a couple hundred bucks would you buy one?

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Hot lights
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »
Is the light led and can you dim the light? How light is a light weight battery?

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
YES,YES and under 2 pounds
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:47:40 PM by foxtrot »

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »
 heck yea , unless somebody is sellin one thats 1401 lumens,  how big is this lightweight battery and what type of light , headlight , flashlight??
district #1

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
have pic of light?

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
probably but would like to see it in action or be recommended by someone whos opinion I value.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »
I would have to see it in action.  The 1400 lumen doent impress me.  I realy dislike that unit of measure for flashlights.  A 100 watt light bulb would be close to that or over. 

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
It is a head light with a remote battery pack which can be attached to a belt or attached to a hat but will burn all night without charging.I'm still working out the details and will keep you informed.Brightness second to none.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 07:33:02 AM »
Foxtrot
Like I said before, led lights are new to predator hunting and we are going to see many new lights to mess with. I am interested on how this light throws it,s beam and if it can attach to a gun. It would be nice if the beam would throw far yet still have plenty of side light to cover a wider area when scanning. Is there cords to mess with?
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 07:52:30 AM »
I agree with the rest that lumen output is useless in telling how bright it is.  most are inflated.  a picture beside a well known led light or other light would be better to me then a lumen output rating. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 02:20:38 PM »
The light is a corded light similar to a coon hunters light but much lighter in weight.Dimmable Red Leds.Its still in the very early stages so I'm hesitant to say much more about it.I was just interested to see if there was any interest.I know many don't like the idea of a cord and I understand but everyone has there own style of hunting.