Author Topic: PPHA Suggestions  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
PPHA Suggestions
« on: November 24, 2011, 09:03:37 AM »
I don't know much about the operations of the PPHA.  I have been a member for a couple years and went to the Foxpro events and enjoyed the terrific events and all of the hard work that was put in.  I haven't really done anything for the group other than be a member and encourage others to join.  I was wondering if some idea I had would be something the group would consider.  I was thinking of having an annual fall newsletter that had member stories and tips.  Kinda like a mini-magazine.  I think the members would really enjoy something like this...and I was the editor for a state hunting organization and a board member and would be happy to help edit content for such an annual edition if it was deemed worthwhile by the current administration of the PPHA. 

Another idea I had would be if somebody created a letter about predator hunting that each district could give to their law enforcement agencies to reduce potential problems when law enforcement encounters predator hunters in the dark.  So far, I have been encountered by the PSP on several occassions and they have treated me very good but had no clue about why I would be hunting at night.

Just some ideas to make us a better organization...although I think PPHA is tops presently.

Perhaps others have ideas too.  Just passing these ideas along as a member who loves the PPHA!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and thank you to those in PPHA who are running things for the rest of us to enjoy!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: PPHA Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »
All good ideas!  Why don't you give me a call sometime after the holidays.  We do have a newsletter.  It's called the Howler and you should have received it last month.  It was six pages in all.  I had to do it all myself and would love some help if your interested.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 09:51:29 AM »
Tim,

I would be very willing to help you with the newsletter.  I don't remember receiving one last month but have in past years.  Perhaps I can solicit some articles from members and such and we can bulk it up a bit?

Mike

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 07:22:05 PM »
Mike, I see you are a current member and don't know why you wouldn't have received the newsletter.  Pm me with your current address and I will see if there is a discrepancy.  Below is the link to the newsletter as posted on the forum board in the newletter thread.  You will notice I have done exactly what you are mentioning.  We can discuss in private some of the details of putting something like this together.  Enjoy......Tim

http://www.ppha.us/smf/index.php?topic=6207.0
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 07:25:03 PM »
sorry the link is not working.  We are currently working on our home site and I have to get this fixed.  You will be able to read it later.

Offline ColonelAngus

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 02:21:15 PM »
I like the idea of sending the police informational letters about predator hunting.

Offline Team Howler

• Junior Forum Member
    • Lycoming Fence Company LLC (Personal Business)
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 06:47:30 PM »
Yes I don't believe I received one myself. But that would be awesome about informing the law enforcement. How about posting contact information on who to call before you hunt at night?
Hunt safely!
District 3
Matt Brown
Arsenal: Savage Model 12 22-250, Tikka T3 lite Stainless .233, Ruger model 77 mark II .243, Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 25/06
Tools
FoxPro Firestorm w/ Fox Jack, Kill Light 250 and 100, Various Hand Calls

Offline Thirty Cal

• Aim small, miss small!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »
Since we're just throwing out ideas here thought I'd mention Blog Talk Radio. If anyone in the PPHA has any experience with radio, it could be great fun! Its almost like a big conference call really. People can chat online while listening or call in or whatever. I do listen to and follow a number of outdoors/hunting/trapping oriented BTR shows and it's pretty cool. I think it costs little or nothing to join and do a basic program.
District 2 but will hunt anywhere, even my home state of MD.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 03:29:27 PM »
We already have something similar, its called ventrillo.  We used to have a regular chat night but we sorta got away from that.  The officers use it for meetings.  No reason why people cant start doing it again.